Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:43 PM

Re: -The Rain

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I've been to Mirfield today. I didn't see any flooding, but the river looked awfully high as I went through Dewsbury.
Down by Gregory springs (below Lidl) and Granny Hall lane.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Down by Gregory springs (below Lidl) and Granny Hall lane.
I don't know; I'm not that familiar with Dewsbury. It was where the river bends right next to the road. Next to Asda.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 06:44 AM

I rang my brother in Macclesfield last night and he complained about the ongoing rain and said it was 10', this morning (9 am my time) he sent me a photo saying it was below zero and 5" of snow had fallen.

I went outside and took this pic to cheer him up and told him it was already 21'

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210121-WA0002.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	14593   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20210121-WA0000.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	14594  
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 07:02 AM

Yes Bruce, I bet that cheered him up no end...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 09:56 AM

I feel sorry for people In York too they always get flooded....its not too bad here luckily my house doesn't flood but the Wharfe sometimes cuts us off if that happens we have to take to the moors roads. Its not raining right now.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I rang my brother in Macclesfield last night and he complained about the ongoing rain and said it was 10', this morning (9 am my time) he sent me a photo saying it was below zero and 5" of snow had fallen.
Beautiful photos that have me itching to travel.

Good do know that the generosity of heart that exists between siblings is still so strong.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes Bruce, I bet that cheered him up no end...
Yep, nowt like rubbing salt into the wounds.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Where about's in Macc does he live Bruce? Don't feel obliged to answer if you think it's inappropriate.
I used to live up that way in two separate villages which I won't say though.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 10:34 PM

Well it's been dreadful with floods up 'ere - one area of the floods is only 5mins round the corner. Boris floppy-top flew over my place to survey the defences and cast his beady eye over it all and I managed a 'yoohoo' up to him as he swept overhead.
One area is at the bottom of my best mates road, but thankfully all is well with them and they weren't evacuated.

My daughter's village is badly flooded in the town centre, but thankfully she doesn't live near the centre. She's due to move in the next week or so and where they're moving to within the same village isn't near any floods either. Whew.

It all felt very strange last night. TBH I was quite nervous when I went to bed. No TV as no signal for Freesat to take my mind off what was going on outside. I couldn't sleep I was so concerned with all the horrendous rain that had been thrown at us and then snow and floods and worrying about the stream.

But thankfully everything for the moment is much better.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Where about's in Macc does he live Bruce? Don't feel obliged to answer if you think it's inappropriate.
I used to live up that way in two separate villages which I won't say though.
Since I visited he has moved but it is in Tytherington according to the map. I just noticed on the map that on the other side of the freeway (Silk Road?) from him is AstraZenica

He has visited me a couple of times together with his wife and son, the young fella was quite keen to move to Australia once he finishes his (adult) electrical apprenticeship. My brother was a keen diver so he flew up to the Great Barrier Reef for a spot of diving. I still have a pair of flippers he left behind.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top