Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 01:15 PM

Re: Good morning Thursday

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning everyone now the rain has stopped I am having a mass washing session of dog towels and blankets.

It is much colder this morning but lovely to see the sun. The surrounding fields have turned into lakes again much to Chloe's disgust, I have to work hard to coax her to go far at the moment.

Enjoy your day
Meg if your legs were as short as Chloe's, you wouldn't want to go out in cold wet weather!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 01:41 PM

Re: Good morning Thursday

Good Afternoon from Foxy's Wild World...

A bit late with my post this morning after going up against Storm Christoph....The overnight rain had blown into the North Sea, and the wind didn't seem too bad as I left the village and the sky was just lightening. I had to wade through a puddle that had spread all the way across the road and was now six inches deep.

I splashed through and joined the country road. With the wind behind me I made good progress to the next village two miles away. I noticed a lack of traffic on that two mile stretch, and the reason was now apparent. The river bridge was closed. I shuffled around the barrier and crossed the bridge, the river had almost reached the height of the road and it seemed like I was running on the surface of the water it was that close. You could have been forgiven for thinking that it was a lake, such was the width.

I was glad to have reached the other side, and realised that the bridge might not even be here when I returned after a two mile lap. I put on a spurt and was relieved to see the bridge still intact and standing up to the raging torrent that flowed beneath, carrying with it all manner of debris including fallen tree trunks.
I now turned for home on that last two mile stretch of open road, and stared straight into the face of Christoph....He threw everything at me as I ducked down and pushed on into the storm, I thought I was going to have to walk at one point as the wind was so strong it stopped me in my tracks, but I battled on.

Just when I thought I had been beaten I reached the end of the open stretch and now had protection from the high hedgerows either side. I reached the village and managed to make it home, but it's taken every last drop of energy and although I might have won the battle with Christoph, he might just have won the war..... For today anyway!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top