Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:04 PM

Re: Overhearing a Conversation

It's not just indoors you hear things.

A colleague related a conversation he overheard whilst walking behind two *ahem* young ladies who were talking about one of them having a new beau.

"You f*** un yet?"

"No. I su**ed un though."
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2021, 11:44 PM

On the bus two elderly ladies talking

1st lady I miss my husband he died 3 years ago

2 nd lady yes I miss mine too he died 2 years ago

Silence for a few moments

2nd lady yea I've got no one to shovel the blo..y snow now

Silence
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:14 AM

Many years ago I used to get the train to work This particular day I sat behind two women who were neighbours I heard one say to the other...."she's the sort who puts her milk bottles out every day" the remark amused me.....it wasn't until later in the conversation I realised they were talking about me
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:45 AM

Supermarkets what are those ....
It's a long time since I have been in one, almost year I have forgotten what they are like.

I never 'hear 'other people's conversations I am always busy and thinking of something else when in shops like what have I forgotten to buy or what am I having for lunch so I guess my butterfly brain and ears are not receptive to the chatter of others.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Many years ago I used to get the train to work This particular day I sat behind two women who were neighbours I heard one say to the other...."she's the sort who puts her milk bottles out every day" the remark amused me.....it wasn't until later in the conversation I realised they were talking about me

...I used to have the milkman deliver to me,..I never forget the time, when some kids, I would assume, stuck a note in my bottle.......I found it first, but you could tell,it was written by youngsters..😂🤣😅
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 11:34 AM

Many years ago I attended a weekly ladies only swimming session. On one occasion I went into the sauna and couldn't help overhearing an interesting conversation between two ladies who were discussing neighbours and the interesting things that were going on.

I found it strange that they should continue such a sensitive conversation in front of me and wondered where they lived. However, I had to smile a few days later when my friend spoke about a new TV programme - Neighbours - and realised that was what they had been discussing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top