Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 06:03 PM

Re: Pravda

Originally Posted by Losos ->
The majority of the people in Ukraine don't agree, one can draw an imaginary line and say that is the East and then do a survey and, surprise surprise, you have a majority who want to become part of Russia.

Power politics is a dirty game, I want no part of it. I do agree with the MI6 guy who said we should be increasing our miltary spend not decreasing it.
And apparently the West (NATO and the EU) reneged on a treaty promising not to interfere within the Russian 'sphere of influence'
So now Obama threatens to arm the Ukrainians. This whole thing is very nasty . As with Islam our intrepid leaders do not seem to understand the Russian mind
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 09:28 PM

Why must American politicians believe they must police the world, with us joining in. No good at all has come from meddling in the Middle East, and now it looks like Ukraine will be the next folly.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2015, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Why must American politicians believe they must police the world, with us joining in. No good at all has come from meddling in the Middle East, and now it looks like Ukraine will be the next folly.
Attacking the wrong enemy, attacking those who are not enemies. making enemies of those who should be allies, all with very little understanding of what they do.
And not just the US, our lot are not that much better.

Putin's not really all that brilliant . The completion just makes him look good
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
The majority of the people in Ukraine don't agree, one can draw an imaginary line and say that is the East and then do a survey and, surprise surprise, you have a majority who want to become part of Russia.

That worked really well in Ireland didn't it?
Agent
north east

02-03-2015, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That worked really well in Ireland didn't it?
Not really. but I don't think that there a religious problem to add to the mix in the Ukraine
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:10 AM

Faults and a lack of diplomacy all round I would say.
The EU were rather naive in not realising that inviting the Ukraine to enter into closer relations with them would be seen by Russia as expansionism and a threat on their borders.

Originally Posted by Losos
I have met a small number of Ukrainians (there were a number at the boarding school in which I worked ) and if you mentioned the word Russian they would fein a spit.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:17 AM

Does anyone remember playing `Risk` as a child??
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2015, 11:49 AM

As I posted elsewhere, it has been made clear that the Foreign Office no longer has either the experience or expertise to deal with these issues. Apparently they don't even have the necessary linguistic skills any more! Perhaps this is where the idea of career politicians comes seriously unstuck!
Agent
north east

02-03-2015, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
As I posted elsewhere, it has been made clear that the Foreign Office no longer has either the experience or expertise to deal with these issues. Apparently they don't even have the necessary linguistic skills any more! Perhaps this is where the idea of career politicians comes seriously unstuck!
Sounds about right. most of the Russians I know speak better English than I do.
Agent
north east

02-03-2015, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Faults and a lack of diplomacy all round I would say.
The EU were rather naive in not realising that inviting the Ukraine to enter into closer relations with them would be seen by Russia as expansionism and a threat on their borders.

I have met a small number of Ukrainians (there were a number at the boarding school in which I worked ) and if you mentioned the word Russian they would fein a spit.
I think its the case that an awful lot of Ukrainians sided with Mr Hitler during WW 2. So the reason for that may go back a long way.
Must look that up.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top