Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 08:01 PM

Nicknames.

Anyone ever had a nickname? if so was it to do with your job, your height, your hair, or whatever. When I was a teenager I had so many spots they used to call me 'The Leopard', when the spotty spell was over and I had finished serving my apprenticeship in the jewellery trade they started calling me 'Goldfinger' in the pub, Dubliners always have a name for everybody, some of the names the women had for the likes of rent collectors, debt collectors and insurance men were funny, our skinny 'Society Man' from the Royal Liver was known as 'Whiskers on a stick', one stout chap on our street was an unauthorised car park attendant, he would lean over the bonnet of a car shouting abuse at the driver if he didn't give him any money, everyone called him 'Engine Belly'.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 08:37 PM

Re: Nicknames.

I don't know why but at one place I worked I was nicknamed DB - I didn't understand what DB meant - for weeks I was blythly ignorant - until someone took me to one side and whispered "duck bum". Men can be so cruel
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I don't know why but at one place I worked I was nicknamed DB - I didn't understand what DB meant - for weeks I was blythly ignorant - until someone took me to one side and whispered "duck bum". Men can be so cruel
You should be flattered Rena, most men fancy a girl with a slightly protruding bottom, very sexy. I used to have a DA at the back of my head, a ducks arse, remember that hair style?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 08:55 PM

The only real nickname I ever had was in my local pub - "The Garry" (The Garibaldi Arms) as a young man. My granddad (then in his late '70's) was a fixture in the pub and had his own chair in the corner by the bar that no-one else was allowed to sit in. For some reason, no doubt lost in the depths of his former youth, my granddad was known to one and all as "Waggles." My dad was therefore universally known as "Young Waggles." When I was old enough to get served (about 15) and started to attend the pub regularly, I was introduced to everyone as "Young Waggles' Boy." Luckily for them, by the time I had my own kids, I had moved away so they never knew the delights of being called "Young Waggles' Boy's Kids!"
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 10:13 PM

I was called "Torchie" as I worked in the evenings as an extra job in my teens I was an usherette in a picture hall in Glasgow! I had a very big torch that lit up nearly the whole picture hall! Came in handy as well if any of the stupid patrons tried to get funny - they got a whack with it

Years later and on a bus going out to East Kilbride, asked for my fare to the driver and when he gave me my change, he said how's it goan Torchie That caused a laugh!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Think yourself lucky, birds around here with certain attributes were said to have "Saddle Bags".
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 10:27 PM

For some reason folk call me Blondie I wonder why?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
For some reason folk call me Blondie I wonder why?
Have you been "Hangin on the Telephone"???
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2013, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have you been "Hangin on the Telephone"???

Yes and you "Can picture this" when the "Tide is High"
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

25-04-2013, 10:49 PM

Call Me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top