Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 03:08 PM

A letter from Fiat

I have just received a letter this morning from the garage I bought my car from.
My first thought when I saw the headed paper was "oh oh, don't say Fiat are recalling their cars now."

Anyway, I was surprised to read the following:

" We thought it fair to tell you about a promotion we are launching in November & December.
The current price of factory fitted reversing sensors is £250, but here we will supply & fit reverse sensors for £149!

Better Yet . .

As an existing customer the sensors are yours for £99.00 and you will also benefit from a Free of charge Winter Safety Check, plus vehicle wash and hoover".

They have even offered to come and collect/return my car for free.

What do you think of that then, and do many of you use those sensors?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 03:33 PM

Re: A letter from Fiat

Do you feel you need such sensors, if so seems to be a deal. However also something else that may need repairs on your car at a future date.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2015, 03:40 PM

I would never have considered them once Nom, but recently my friend gave me a lift into town, and when she parked I heard them going off and thought it quite a good safety idea.
I think I might take up the offer while its on promotional price, but I wouldn't have had them if they were full price.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 12:25 AM

They used the term "hoover"? Maybe it is just me, but that seems quite unprofessional.

As for reversing sensors - I don't need them. Good eye-sight and years of driving experience has perfected my parking.

That said, my car DOES have them but only because they came as standard, I wouldn't have bothered otherwise.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-10-2015, 11:22 PM

I've decided to give it a try, and have now booked it in for next Thursday.
I wonder if they bleep when those 'tail gaters' practically hang on your back bumper too, or if they only work while you are in reverse gear?
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.
ScottishCatLady is female  ScottishCatLady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've decided to give it a try, and have now booked it in for next Thursday.
I wonder if they bleep when those 'tail gaters' practically hang on your back bumper too, or if they only work while you are in reverse gear?
Good question! Mine only work in reverse (I think) as they were fitted to the car when new and are integral with all the systems (thus detecting reverse etc...), but I think aftermarket ones would beep whenever anything got close regardless of the situation. Probably not a bad thing!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-10-2015, 11:27 PM

Interesting. I'll ask the garage and let you know - if they know the answer themselves!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 12:00 AM

My son and DIL have sensors on their cars and they are great

I don't have any on my car but then I don't do much reversing these days.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2015, 12:26 AM

Already not only got sensors but also rear view camera. My car has 5 cameras in total which even do an overhead shot somehow.
ScottishCatLady
Moray, Scotland.

26-10-2015, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Already not only got sensors but also rear view camera. My car has 5 cameras in total which even do an overhead shot somehow.
Overhead!? That's fancy, I thought I was lucky just having a B&W rear view camera with my old Primera.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top