Join for free
Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 11:50 AM

Re: Boris Johnson out of Conservative leadership contest

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
Yes but that side bar seems mostly about cats and dogs, of which I have neither, and also something about a Photo site whereas I use my own website to post stuff that I want to share?
Yes many of us came from them though, many cat and dog fans on this site and we have our photographers too.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 11:56 AM

Well I have to conclude that many of " Middle England " have differing views from me!!

I am in any case not English but Welsh and any vestiges of Patriotism I have are directed to supporting Wales and Welshness and not in any way the " Queen and Country " stuff that some here seem to get off on!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 11:57 AM

Yes but that side bar seems mostly about cats and dogs, of which I have neither, and also something about a Photo site whereas I use my own website to post stuff that I want to share?
Well most of us don't use our own web site, we like to share opinions with others on this site. Those who don't like the way the site operates don't have to use it, but for those who do, it offers good opportunities to exchange ideas on many subjects. As most of us have different backgrounds and careers it is interesting to hear others points of view....... but that is what debates are all about, isn't it? We also share opinions and ideas on pets and hobbies, but it isn't compulsory so you don't have to use it!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 12:04 PM

Well I have to conclude that many of " Middle England " have differing views from me!!

I am in any case not English but Welsh and any vestiges of Patriotism I have are directed to supporting Wales and Welshness and not in any way the " Queen and Country " stuff that some here seem to get off on!!
Thats your perogative, you cant surely expect everyone to think like you though ? Many of us arent welsh so its right we support England and in broader sense uk.

I like seeing everyones opinions if its too much for you to see people who dont agree with you then possibly forums are not for you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 12:13 PM

Philip matey, like you I have detestation of 'Queen & Country' as I am an avid Republican and want rid of the monarchy altogether and her entire brood.

Furthermore, if either Scotland (as now seems probable) and Wales want total independence then by all means you and your compatriots should have it.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 01:15 PM

Julie 1962 to be honest I had always thought that the cats and dogs etc. in the side bar were paid for advertising space!

Hello Joe - sadly I'm not sure that Wales could cope with full independence unlike Scotland and Eire but we will have to see what options the mess throws up?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 02:23 PM

Ah - another bone to pick and long standing puzzle? Why the " ex-serviceman "?

I have several times been puzzled at the very high proportion of male users of the ex SAGA older folks sites, of which I presume this is one, who are ex military? I know that the military was much larger years ago, but military conscription ended in 1960, and I wonder if perhaps the sites on which SAGA originally advertised its services may have encouraged a high proportion of ex military members to join?
Then you are barking up the wrong tree. I have never been on SAGA (whatever that is), and have no idea of the type of person attracted to it. Perhaps you have personal experience.

The use of the term 'trick cyclist' instead of the word 'psychiatrist' was, in my experience, in common use in the armed services.

If you find it offensive, have a word with the Ministry of Defence!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 02:27 PM

I am in any case not English but Welsh
Well, never mind. We all have our cross to bear.
PhilipM
Wales, UK

06-07-2016, 02:32 PM

Thank you for that JBR! My only dealings with the military " trick cyclists " ,( I can't ride a bike myself but have flown aircraft on my own ), were about soldiers where they had been involved with chucking them out of the army as psychologically unsuitable. I think their medical unit was based at Woolwich Barracks? My father and late mother's father were both RAMC Officers.

SAGA's site is Ancient History now and was one of the early sites for older folk, as well as being a major travel company, and a number of people here used to belong to their website which they unilaterally closed amongst some acrimony,
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:48 AM

All the Spice Girls resign in one week.

I have no idea who Ginger and Sporty are but it still made me laugh.

Page 18 of 19 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top