Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:10 PM

Re: Let's go back in time..

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
After reading JBR’s post. I’ve just remembered, at 15 my mother got some money from an insurance she had taken out on me!
She used the money to put a deposit down on a house that was £3,500. So, those days of her paying rent were over.

Not a hovel, then?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:22 PM

Ah! 1951!

Working delivering papers, in the mornings & evenings, selling the Hull (evening) sports paper on Saturday evenings, riding a delivery Bike all day Saturdays (For Land's Hardware Shop).

Cinemas had lovely big Cuddle seats in the Back rows so was able to learn to snog in the evenings (Don't remember any of the films!).

Studying (not very much) for the School Certs (not the girls) the rest of the time.

Father still away, in the RN, Mother working in the local cafe until 10 pm most days.

Living in a seaside resort was a big positive - in the summer.

Easy life!

scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 10:53 PM

22 November 56 years ago the assassination of JFK. I also run my car off the road that night. Next day went down with my father's tractor and pulled it out of the ditch. Despite a few bashes I ran it for a while after that.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2019, 12:56 AM

I suppose any number of things: I might have been sitting on the beach with my friends after a sunset surf session, huddled up under towels, chatting the night away. Or, a football game meant that I was playing in the band - flute or tri-toms. Or, more likely than night I was home studying and playing records. I looked and was built like I was twelve, and couldn't for the life of me figure out why the more developed girls seemed to be getting all the boys. Sigh. I had good very grades though!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top