Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 09:49 PM

Re: Foundation Make-Up

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was devastated to discover Leichner foundation that l use, has been discontinued. I have used it since I was 19!
I wouldn’t have found that out, only for this thread. I had looked online about Leichner last night and there was the news it has been discontinued.
Today, l went to the market where l usually buy it and she only had one shade available. It was almost double in price but l paid it as l was desperate!

I can’t use Garnier or Clarins as l was allergic to them. That’s why l stuck with Leichner that suited me.
Oh Art I am so sorry I hate it so much when that happens. Usually a favourite lipstick or eyeshadow combination disappearing with no warning. Have you tried Amazon? I have found them invaluable at times like this.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Oh Art I am so sorry I hate it so much when that happens. Usually a favourite lipstick or eyeshadow combination disappearing with no warning. Have you tried Amazon? I have found them invaluable at times like this.
Annie, It is maddening!
I looked everywhere on the internet to try to track some down. The one colour ‘A blend of Coffee’ that l use the most seems unattainable. I did find one for sale at, £24.99. They are cashing in on it now as it used to be £3.50 where l got it from. I know you’d think it was a Load Of rubbish for that price but l found it great quality. It is made in Germany.

I found ‘A Blend Of Chestnut’ on Amazon at £5.99. It’s a darker shade though.
It sounds like l cake it on but l only use the tiniest, weeniest bit of foundation to enhance my complexion!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 05:39 PM

LionQueen.... I use Clinique too and you are right it is expensive.... have to be honest I tried cheaper brands ... some were ok but none as good as Clinique... perhaps we have similar skin types not sure but honest I just grit my teeth and buy Clinique now. For me and my skin type its the best.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
LionQueen.... I use Clinique too and you are right it is expensive.... have to be honest I tried cheaper brands ... some were ok but none as good as Clinique... perhaps we have similar skin types not sure but honest I just grit my teeth and buy Clinique now. For me and my skin type its the best.
I bought some Rimmel foundation last night , thought I .d try it. I 5hink I will probably dig into my pocket and go back to Clinique. I ve been thinking it does last me a long time as I don't go full make up often. I m just being tight I think. Clinique makes my skin look nice and covers evenly without caking on.
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:32 PM

https://www.miragecosmetics.co.uk/pr...ndation-3-pcs/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Pardon my ignorance, but I have never tried Clinique, so what is it that makes Clinique so special?
How do the ingredients differ from other foundations, or is it the name you are paying for?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Pardon my ignorance, but I have never tried Clinique, so what is it that makes Clinique so special?
How do the ingredients differ from other foundations, or is it the name you are paying for?
Clinique avoid ingredients that are known to irritate the skin. I find their products wonderful, I also use a body smoother called Clinique Elixir. I like to smell nice and it really does smell gorgeous and it feels nice on my skin, it doesn't leave my skin greasy. That too is expensive and I hate paying the money but I love it so I keep buying it, it does last me a long time as you only need to use it very sparingly and it still smells fab.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:16 AM

LQ...I just remembered there is a shop at the York designer centre that sells Clinique at slightly reduced prices if you are ever out that way....it's not worth a special journey though as they are a bit hit and miss with stock levels.

Mups it's like e everything else...if you find a product that suits your skin you compare everything else against that product....if.you want to try before you buy the girls on the clinique counter in Debenhams will give you a free sample in a little pot... you only need a tiny amount so it lasts ages
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 06:49 AM

Hi

I give up, it is all the power of advertising.

The same stuff with the same ingredients can be found at a fraction of the cost.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I give up, it is all the power of advertising.

The same stuff with the same ingredients can be found at a fraction of the cost.
You have to wear it to know the differences Swimmy

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top