Join for free
Page 20 of 48 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 07:47 PM

Re: The Prince Andrew interview

Glad to see the back of him ,not that we saw much performing Royal Duties any way .
Just another hanger on , getting the perks but doing nothing for it .{ think the royal family when she goes should be slimmed down Big time !!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Looks like the DOY will be standing down from public duties for the foreseeable future. The Queen has given him permission. Will this mean he will forfeit the wages/allowance he is paid?
It sounds from the tone of Andrews statement (read out on the news) that someone else other than Andrew was responsible for writing it also 'someone' made it clear he must stand down before he causes any more embarrassment for the royal family.

I think the Andrew incident could prove to be a watershed.
For a long time, Prince Charles has wanted to 'slim down' the Royal family, he has already dispensed with some privileges like royal protection officers for Beatrice and Eugenie.

When Prince Charles returns from NZ I think there will be decisions to be made.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by meg ->
it sounds from the tone of andrews statement (read out on the news) that someone else other than andrew was responsible for writing it also 'someone' made it clear he must stand down before he causes any more embarrassment for the royal family.

I think the andrew incident could prove to be a watershed.
For a long time, prince charles has wanted to 'slim down' the royal family, he has already dispensed with some privileges like royal protection officers for beatrice and eugenie.

When prince charles returns from nz i think there will be decisions to be made.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 09:15 PM

Just found this, the latest news about Prince Andrew's future role in the Royal Family, it seems he's stepping back from royal duties for the foreseeable future.

"The Duke of York says he is stepping back from royal duties because the Jeffrey Epstein scandal has become a "major disruption" to the Royal Family.

Prince Andrew, 59, said he had asked the Queen for permission to withdraw for the "foreseeable future"."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50496539
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 09:32 PM

More like he was under intense pressure to step back...I don't believe he made that decision himself.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

20-11-2019, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
More like he was under intense pressure to step back...I don't believe he made that decision himself.
Me neither, lol
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
No I don't expect the decision was his, the Queen not only rules the country but rules in the Royal family too. She probably told him to keep his head down and out of the limelight or he would be put in the Tower!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Glad to see the back of him ,not that we saw much performing Royal Duties any way .
Just another hanger on , getting the perks but doing nothing for it .{ think the royal family when she goes should be slimmed down Big time !!!!
"Royal duties". What a farce.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No I don't expect the decision was his, the Queen not only rules the country but rules in the Royal family too. She probably told him to keep his head down and out of the limelight or he would be put in the Tower!
Lizzie doesn't rule the country. She is titular head of state and does what she is told. The monarchy could and should be replaced with a rubber stamp.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Lizzie doesn't rule the country. She is titular head of state and does what she is told. The monarchy could and should be replaced with a rubber stamp.
Good idea Todger, we've destroyed the Coal mining industry, Steel industry, shipbuilding industry, fishing industry, farming industry, sold out all our service and transport industries to foreign owners, we might as well kick the tourist industry into the long grass as well.....

Page 20 of 48 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top