Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2009, 09:20 PM

Hay fever

Some days I suffer quite badly, I get tablets from the chemists, they're called Phenergan, a prescription is'nt required, . . anyways I'm reading the info leaflet that came with them, they can also be used for travel sickness and if you're not sleeping well you can take 2 at bedtime.

Further on in the leaflet there are warnings about how they may adversely affect you, one of which says to stop taking them if you feel drowsy what the hell do they mean by that, they're supposed to help you sleep so they say.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 11:48 AM

Re: Hay fever

I think what they mean is if you are taking the hayfever dosage during the day and that makes you drowsey then stop taking them as it could be dangerous if you are driving or operating machinary.
I presume if you want them to help you sleep at night you are doubling the dose to two.
If you can get locally produced honey, produced within a 5 mile radius of you, that will sort your hayfever with no side effects.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2009, 12:50 PM

I enjoy Hay Fever it's one of Noel Coward's best in my opinion.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 05:31 PM

I had hay fever once, and I drank lots and lots of water - and never got it again : -/
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I had hay fever once, and I drank lots and lots of water - and never got it again : -/
I drink red wine and have never had it at all.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top