Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 11:45 AM

Arrrgh, Digital Banking

I tried to log on last night with no success, I've been using on-line banking for years with no problems but I was stuck in a loop last night.

I tried again today and got stuck in the same loop, anyways I phoned them up and they said I was logged on I replied, no I aint buddy, I shut down the browser and tried again and got in, very confusing, never had this before.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 12:13 PM

Re: Arrrgh, Digital Banking

I still need the confidence to use online banking, I feel more comfortable dealing with the bank face to face....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 01:53 PM

I couldn't go back to normal banking now
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I still need the confidence to use online banking, I feel more comfortable dealing with the bank face to face....
It's the way to go Mags, as Azz said, I never visit the bank any more, all my transactions are done in the comfort of my own home, I even tax the cars on-line.

Any one considering doing their banking this way MUST get total internet security, I use two different security systems, one for viruses and a separate one for Spyware, the banks all insist on good security software anyway or they won't connect you.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 08:37 PM

I don't actually use online banking. I have opened it so I can check my credit card purchases between bills to see if there are any unauthorized purchases; had an episode with a hacker last year so keep a close eye on them!

My bank is very close, I enjoy doing my transactions there and getting to chat with the staff.
nero
Central Scotland

01-09-2009, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I don't actually use online banking. I have opened it so I can check my credit card purchases between bills to see if there are any unauthorized purchases; had an episode with a hacker last year so keep a close eye on them!

My bank is very close, I enjoy doing my transactions there and getting to chat with the staff.
Hi DM,
My bank issued me with a random credit card number generator this year, it's about the size of a small calculator, it plugs into the USB port and every time you use your card on-line it generates a different number to foil the hackers.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 08:50 PM

One of my credit card companies offers that also; never got around to trying it, although it's an excellent idea and I probably should. I do almost all of my shopping online.
Lou
UK
Lou is female  Lou has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2009, 08:52 PM

I love online banking I can check the bank balance and pay my bills whenever I like x
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2009, 09:20 PM

Don't use online banking-only thing I do is check my bank balance. Not got the confidence yet to pay bills etc. Maybe one day..........
nero
Central Scotland

12-09-2009, 01:24 PM

In the news today, a lady transferred £2,000 into the wrong account how stupid can you get, when doing a transfer you click the box to make it happen, another window opens up and asks if this transferable amount and the recipient are correct, if all is OK you make the transfer.

The recipient refuses to pay back the money and the bank's told her they want nothing to do with it.

It transpired that she works in a bank.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top