Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2009, 02:53 PM

Disc Problem

I had to have an MRI scan on my back last week as I have been having a very painful back episode. I already knew that I have stenosis in my lower spine, and I've been coping and managing it for several years, but this has meant that as time has gone on I'm being more and more restricted in things that I can do comfortably, and was told that I would probably need surgery at some point. About a month ago, I knew that something had changed by the amount of pain I was suddenly in which wouldn't go away with the normal medication I usually take to control it. I was put on a cocktail of pain-killing drugs which did help a bit but unfortunately put me in a zombie-like state. I continued going to work but the effort was exhausting and I really shouldn't have been driving with what was in my system, so had to give in and have been off work for just over a week. Anyway, I had my scan result phoned through to me yesterday and apparently is shows a prolapsed disc. I was told that an emergency referral was being made to see an orthapedic consultant, so I'm just waiting now to find out more and what treatment/op will be done. Having already had a spinal fusion in my neck where two discs had to be removed quickly as they were about to cut through my spinal cord several years ago, I'm feeling a little bit scared.

I'll keep you posted ...............
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2009, 03:23 PM

Re: Disc Problem

Sorry to hear that SageCat, the pain you're going through must be awful. I've suffered with back pain for years too but nothing compared to what you have to put up with.

I hope your consultant will be able to help you ......good luck.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Ouch, ouch and ouch - I do hope it can be resolved without too much additional pain
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2009, 05:52 PM

Hope you feel better soon SC

I didn't get to read all of your post as the colour put me off (The colours are generally used to highlight specific parts of a post - i.e to be used liberally )
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2009, 09:49 PM

Sorry to hear that you are suffering so badly with your back My Husband also has Spinal Stenosis and at the age of 47 found out he has Spina Bifida too which was a complete suprise to him He has to date refused any surgery as our GP (stupid man ) told him there were too many risks attached to this so he won't even consider going to see a Consultant ... Hope you get some respite soon from the pain you are in Good Luck.... Sue
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2009, 10:21 PM

Sorry to hear about your back problems SC - do hope they can sort it out and at least get you free of pain.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Have you heard anymore from the hospital about your prolapsed disc , Sage Cat?

I hope you'll feel better soon...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 04:32 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that, I do hope the Consultant can help. It must be dreadful to have that constant pain, and the thoughts of an operation are scary. Do keep us posted. (((hugs)))!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 05:46 PM

Poor you, I hope they get you sorted out soon, any news yet?
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 06:07 PM

I feel for you SC im waiting for my op on mine as well. I know what you mean about the painkillers, mine make me totally Lala

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top