Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 07:10 PM

Re: Disc Problem

Sorry to hear that you've got the same problem Cassie. I found out last week that the hospital had managed to lose my emergency referral notes that just had to go from one department in the hospital to another! As you can imagine, I was absolutely furious! They phoned me last Thursday to say that they found everything and that an appointment to see the Spinal Surgeon would be sent to me in due course. I'm phoning again tomorrow as it's still not come through. Some days are worse than others so I am working at the moment, and luckily they're being very understanding about it all and know that some days I am struggling.

I can only take my pain-killer cocktail when I get home from work each day as they make me just too spaced-out otherwise! My GP gave me a bottle OroMorph ~ a derivitive of morphine ~ last week. Great stuff! It really sends me away with the fairies!

Hope all goes well your op Cassie. We'll have to keep each other posted!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2009, 09:21 PM

Sorry to hear that your suffering Sagecat-hope you get sorted soon. Was on morphine 3 years ago when I went into hospital-its wonderful-didn't care what they did to me because I was so happy on it
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 08:39 AM

Chrissy - how frustrating for you.
As one with a very new and very short-term 'back issue', I wish you all the best in resolving your problem
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2009, 08:06 PM

Thanks DM! As the week has gone on, it's started to feel a lot easier, and I'm wondering if the disc has moved itself back into place. I'm still following through with the consultant's appointment when it comes through though as there is still a problem with the stenosis of the lower spine that I have.
Jan
Scotland
Jan is female  Jan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2009, 01:44 PM

I know the idea of an operation is horrible, but things have improved a lot in recent years.
My sister in law had spacers put into her spine two months ago by keyhole surgery and the results have been amazing. She was at the stage of looking for a new house that could take take a wheelchair and now she's walking about quite normally.
Yet only a few years ago my mother in law had the same problem and had to have major surgery and a long recovery. She still needs a leg brace and can only walk for short distances but without the operation she wouldn't be walking and would have a lot of pain.
Hope that your treatment is as successful. Waiting to hear the what's going to happen is a difficult stage. Ley us know how you get on.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top