Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:00 PM

BBC EU Election Coverage

Craptacular, all dressed in black as if mourning, and when results came in Huw Edwards looked most uncomfortable announcing them. All seemed to be suffering from verbal constipation, refusing to acknowledge and repetitively stating the same pathetic reasons for the success of Brexit.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:22 PM

Re: BBC EU Election Coverage

I watched Euronews, no bias there, just reporting facts. The Greens did well, but the rise of the far right in some countries is worrying.

There's a program called, Raw Politics on right now. Farage was interviewed and said more than I have heard him say on BBC, especially about the future.
Now they're telling us about the rest of Europe results.
There's always more World news on Euro news than on our news, stuff we never hear about.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:45 PM

I didn't notice they were dressed in black but I do remember Laura kuenssberg wearing a black dress yesterday.

It's only interesting because of brexit. I don't think many bothered voting before or even noticed the results. Having a whole day broadcast on it on every channel is a bit much. Every time you turn on the news that's all that's on.

Tommy Robinson blamed social media restrictions for UKIP's poor performance.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 05:51 PM

I watch Sky News in spite of the annoying adverts they keep inserting. I cannot bear to watch the BBC news, particularly that sanctimonious prat Huw Edwards, who gets right up my nose...
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I watched Euronews, no bias there, just reporting facts. The Greens did well, but the rise of the far right in some countries is worrying.

There's a program called, Raw Politics on right now. Farage was interviewed and said more than I have heard him say on BBC, especially about the future.
Now they're telling us about the rest of Europe results.
There's always more World news on Euro news than on our news, stuff we never hear about.
Aljazeera also gives imo balanced and often in depth news
coverage from all over the world when compared to our
once beloved BBC!

Regards Donkeyman!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 06:20 PM

Son and his girlfriend were interviewed by the bbc this afternoon, just watching the news to see if they are on, or might be local news...?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Craptacular, all dressed in black as if mourning, and when results came in Huw Edwards looked most uncomfortable announcing them. All seemed to be suffering from verbal constipation, refusing to acknowledge and repetitively stating the same pathetic reasons for the success of Brexit.
What is this mourning dress thingy going on Cinders?
Even the bbc girl in Washington on 100 days is dressed
in black! Has the Queen died or something?
Maybe its the death of the Tory party?

Regards Donkeyman!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
What is this mourning dress thingy going on Cinders?
Even the bbc girl in Washington on 100 days is dressed
in black! Has the Queen died or something?
Maybe its the death of the Tory party?

Regards Donkeyman!
I don't believe beeb bods would don black costumes for politics.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 07:49 PM

Perhaps they were trying to appear neutral to avoid being accused of bias if they wore certain colours?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Perhaps they were trying to appear neutral to avoid being accused of bias if they wore certain colours?
we can't have run out of colours? Maybe there's been a death in the family, maybe something more than petty party politics.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top