Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

07-08-2009, 06:42 AM

Weak bladder?

I'm trying hard to drink more, as I tend to drink very little during the day. I have a large mug of coffee first thing, but then only drink water at work (only one small bottle and sometimes not even all of that) and in the evening.

I decided I should really drink much more, so increased the water intake by about half. I know it's not nearly enough still, but it's a start.

Problem is, instead of getting up once in the night to pee, it's now double that. Last night I was up at midnight, again at 0150 and was busting again at 5.30.

My question is, will my bladder "health" improve? Or am I doomed to restless nights forever?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 10:05 AM

Re: Weak bladder?

I'm no expert but I think it might. Either that or you will adjust to having to get up to empty it and will learn to do so 'on automatic pilot' so you don't disturb your sleep
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Vicki ->
I'm trying hard to drink more, as I tend to drink very little during the day. I have a large mug of coffee first thing, but then only drink water at work (only one small bottle and sometimes not even all of that) and in the evening.

I decided I should really drink much more, so increased the water intake by about half. I know it's not nearly enough still, but it's a start.

Problem is, instead of getting up once in the night to pee, it's now double that. Last night I was up at midnight, again at 0150 and was busting again at 5.30.

My question is, will my bladder "health" improve? Or am I doomed to restless nights forever?

Join the club I think you can have it investigested, it could need a nip and tuck,

But for the most part... set your alarm clock !!
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 01:05 PM

I would just like to say that it really is important to drink more water (coffee doesn't count, sorry as it's a diuretic) so I would try and stick with it. 8 glasses of water (or equivalent) per day is recommended, but IMO that's almost impossible!

Carbonated drinks are not recommended either as they leach the calcium from the bones and should not be drunk excessively. Take more gin in your G&Ts!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 02:47 PM

I've always been told to drink around 2 litres a day - but stop drinking at 7 pm. That should hopefully stop you from having to get up at night.

I do forget to drink and end up drinking way too late tho!
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

07-08-2009, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I've always been told to drink around 2 litres a day - but stop drinking at 7 pm. That should hopefully stop you from having to get up at night.

I do forget to drink and end up drinking way too late tho!
If only that were the answer, hon. I drink nowt after 6.30....

I need some concrete drawers.......
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 08:21 PM

Vicki-you need to do some pelvic floor exercises-they will strengthen your bladder-then you can forget about concrete drawers
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 08:36 PM

I used to drink quite a bit more in the evening; have cut down to one beer after dinner for several years now, but still wake up twice in the night same as before .. ... about 2:30 and again about 5:30, and bladder is bursting again at 8 when I get up. I'm really not wide awake, as someone said, sort of on auto pilot. I've just learned it's me, and live with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 08:53 PM

Weak bladder ? What would I do without it, since the timer packed up on the immersion heater it insures I wake up to turn it on while the electricity is still on E7 cheap rate
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

07-08-2009, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by meg ->
weak bladder ? What would i do without it, since the timer packed up on the immersion heater it insures i wake up to turn it on while the electricity is still on e7 cheap rate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top