Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Quid pro quo

We eat animals of other species, so why shouldn't they eat the human animal when we die?

If it wouldn't poison the poor things I don't see a problem with people being able to request their mortal remains should be fed to zoo/safari park animals when they die. This could be an option alongside burial, cremation, or being chopped up by medical students. I would be more than happy to be of some use when I kick the bucket.

What do others think?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 09:35 AM

Re: Quid pro quo

I think you have an interesting point, but in most families it would be too distressing to see loved ones treated that way, funerals and burials etc are more for family left behind than the deceased really aren't they.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 09:35 AM

I think You're a bit of a nut job...but where would Social Sites be without Others just like You
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 09:47 AM

Like a number of other taboos what you suggest is quite logical but totally unacceptable to the vast majority of people.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 10:01 AM

How do you think the Zoo Keepers might feel about this?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 10:13 AM

The maggots do quite well I believe!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think you have an interesting point, but in most families it would be too distressing to see loved ones treated that way, funerals and burials etc are more for family left behind than the deceased really aren't they.
As far as I am concerned a dead body is waste material and should be treated as such! We should remember people how they were in life not make a song an dance over a carcass. I would come back and haunt my family if they disposed of my remains with any ceremony!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
As far as I am concerned a dead body is waste material and should be treated as such! We should remember people how they were in life not make a song an dance over a carcass. I would come back and haunt my family if they disposed of my remains with any ceremony!
I don't think many people can think like that, I think we need a ceremony to help us process our loss. That's not to say either of us are right or wrong just different ways of coping with life and death.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

06-06-2016, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think many people can think like that, I think we need a ceremony to help us process our loss. That's not to say either of us are right or wrong just different ways of coping with life and death.
Each to their own.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->

If it wouldn't poison the poor things I don't see a problem with people being able to request their mortal remains should be fed to zoo/safari park animals when they die.
It's a novel thought. A bit whacky though.
The whole funeral and cremation could be cut out saving poor families a bob or two ... a quick family day trip to the local safari park, a quick shove of the soon-to-be-deceased out of the car.
Hmm .. I suspect there's scope for abuse and exploitation there.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top