Join for free
Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 08:05 AM

Re: Sir Cliff Cleared of Historic Sex Offences

I don't know Cliff personally, so can offer no opinion on his guilt or innocence but I still think that he should have been prosecuted , in court, before this gets into the media reports!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 08:41 AM

Prosecuted for what?
There has to be evidence for a crime otherwise any nut job with a grudge could say anyone had molested them donkeys years ago.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 08:50 AM

I don't think people should be continuing to discuss the matter of a living person who has had allegations made against them.

If there is evidence bring it out and prosecute if not the matter should be dropped.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Prosecuted for what?
There has to be evidence for a crime otherwise any nut job with a grudge could say anyone had molested them donkeys years ago.
Sorry you misunderstood my post. I wasn't meaning he should be prosecuted, just that it should not be released to the news media until he is.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 08:57 AM

Will all of the men here please raise their hands if they never groped a young lady during their informative years?

Will all of the ladies here please raise their hands if they were never groped in their youth?

WE ALL DID IT.
Otherwise, none of us would have married.
Very few of us were virgins by the time we reached the honeymoon bed.

Now, hands up all of those people who are famous...

Gosh! We are so lucky. Operation Yewtree isn't really interested in us.
We wouldn't be of interest to the newspapers or TV.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 09:13 AM

My memory has gone back to when I was 13, 14, 15.....

My step-mother was a rather staid and upright woman.
OK, so she never went to church, but she made me go twice every Sunday.

She never told me the facts of life - I learned about that sort of stuff from my friends.

Every Sunday morning, she would read the News of the World from front to back, and then in reverse order.
She would read the stories of the vicar in Little Puddleton who 'took advantage of one of his parishioners', or the man in court who admitted to 'removing Miss Jenning's coat in the woods, despite her pleas not to.'

The paper was full of suggestive stories, and the readers loved them. That was the only reason the paper was successful.

The great British public love to read about seductions and affairs. We purse our lips and think that it is outrageous, but deep down, we wish it had been us...

I remember reading about Bill Clinton and Monicker Lewinski, and thinking to myself 'Lucky git!'.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 10:19 AM

Maybe I am old fashioned. I was never a groper and certainly never groped anyone of the opposite sex in my youth.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

18-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
Will all of the men here please raise their hands if they never groped a young lady during their informative years?

Will all of the ladies here please raise their hands if they were never groped in their youth?

WE ALL DID IT.
Otherwise, none of us would have married.
Very few of us were virgins by the time we reached the honeymoon bed.

Now, hands up all of those people who are famous...

Gosh! We are so lucky. Operation Yewtree isn't really interested in us.
We wouldn't be of interest to the newspapers or TV.
I think you are right Hanf, most teenagers were keen to try some sexual activity....it is only natural. That is why I fear that sometimes, even when they were 16 and 17, these youngsters that cry " rape" were often willing parties.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2016, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think you are right Hanf, most teenagers were keen to try some sexual activity....it is only natural. That is why I fear that sometimes, even when they were 16 and 17, these youngsters that cry " rape" were often willing parties.
If you'd ever been raped by a man, no matter what your age, someone you looked up to, someone with wealth and power..I don't believe for a moment you would make a comment like that.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

18-06-2016, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
If you'd ever been raped by a man, no matter what your age, someone you looked up to, someone with wealth and power..I don't believe for a moment you would make a comment like that.
The big word there Ruthio is IF. I strongly object to rape, but if the sexual act is entered into freely by these girls I don't consider that to be rape because, as they can marry at 16, they are no longer children. Rape is when somebody says or indicates "No I don't want to" and the man continues!

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top