Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 09:00 AM

Fathers Day

I would just like to say Happy Fathers Day to all fathers who are here today, keep up the good work in the family and keep smiling. Have a lovely day x
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 09:03 AM

Re: Fathers Day

I think of my Dad every day and still miss him in my world.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 09:03 AM

thank you sue
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
I think of my Dad every day and still miss him in my world.
My father left this world on holiday in 1990 and i miss him very much, but i'm sure he would be loving today with all father's if he was here
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 09:24 AM

Thank you Sue. I lost my Dad when I was seven but I still think of him often and especially today.

A very Happy Fathers Day to all you Dads out there. Not forgetting Grandads and Great Grandads too. Enjoy your one day of fame! We'll all be forgotten again tomorrow!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 09:34 AM

Happy Father's Day to all the dads. Xx
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 10:05 AM

My daughter sent me the following on another site....

A true father is always there. He is there to spill tears of happiness when his eyes fall upon his infant daughter.
He is there with arms to catch her when she takes her first steps or stumbles. He is there to teach her at the youngest age, even though she might not understand half of it.
He is there to help her colour inside the lines, make her cheese on toast and tomato soup, and tie her shoes.
He is there to hug her and kiss her on her first days of school, and to walk her in if need be.
He is there to teach her and tease her and laugh with her. He is always there to embarrass her, but that’s part of life. He is there to tell her to go ask her mother, when her mother told her to ask him.
He is there to lecture her, prepare her for the monster called high school.
He is there to put up with her teenage moods and her co-ed relationships.
He is there to approve, disapprove, accept and forgive.
He is there to give her a big bundle of flowers when she graduates, to smile when her name is called and feel proud. He is there to embrace her and kiss her before she goes to live and learn a thousand miles away.
He is there to see her become a working woman,and watch her grow as the lines on his face grow.
He is there to welcome her home, always, and let her hug him and smell the smell she remembers from childhood, the warm, protecting, comforting smell of Dad.
But most of all, he is always there to love her. And she is always there to love him back.
Dad - I could not ask for any more. You are my hero and I am so proud to call you MY Dad. Love you so much xxxx

I remember so clearly when my wife told me she was pregnant, and asked what I would like.
I said a motorbike.

I'm so glad it was a girl....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 11:51 AM

Lovely thought, thank you Sue.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 08:33 PM

Fathers day, if a son has children of his own does he take his family to celebrate with his Dad,? or does his Dad go to him ?,or do they both celebrate Fathers day separately ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2016, 09:15 PM

As long as they make some father /child gesture it's all right.
A call will do .
I miss my father greatly and never missed sending him a card and calling him up .
Now all I can do is take flowers .
My husbands children by his first marriage never call their father .
He has always been a good generous father to them .
Sometimes I feel like telling them what I think
But as they are both women in their mid thirties they are too old for that .
But one day he will be gone and they will be sorry .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top