Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:35 PM

Re: Nicola attempting to blackmail the rest of the UK !

Hi

Nothing wrong with the Scots as far as I am am concerned, apart of course from the fact that they have better salmon rivers than we have.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:37 PM

Thank you . Just because Nicola Sturgeon is a complete idiot don't think for one minute that everyone agrees with her becaue we don't .
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
It's quite funny really you could name the folk on here who never hestitate to take a pop at the Scottish people .
They are the self important know-alls who have a pop at anyone who thinks for themselves and disagrees with them.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
They are the self important know-alls who have a pop at anyone who thinks for themselves and disagrees with them.
I really would advise against applying for that job as a nightclub comic.....
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 09:32 PM

Thank you . Just because Nicola Sturgeon is a complete idiot don't think for one minute that everyone agrees with her becaue we don't .
I don't think anyone on here will believe you Abbey
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 10:00 PM

Abbey, contrary to the protests from the usual suspects on here that insist on unfurling and waving the Scottish flag every time an English person dares to say anything regarding Saint Nicola, please be assured that I and most others on here have nothing but the utmost respect for the Scottish people.

However, as an English person that is effected like all the rest of us south of Hadrian's Wall, by the absolute madcap schemes and plotting of this separatist who cares nothing about the hand that feeds her, we must have the right to say what we feel about her, just as the Scottish people and MP's are not slow in slagging off our Prime Minister and MP's in London. Good on you.

I will continue to say that I feel for the Scottish people being governed by a woman who has such tunnel vision of her own potty politics,she care little that she will drag all down with her. Yes,she can be voted out but for the Scottish people, it will be like it was for the damage inflicted on us with Blair, Brown and New Labour here, too damn late !
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Abbey, contrary to the protests from the usual suspects on here that insist on unfurling and waving the Scottish flag every time an English person dares to say anything regarding Saint Nicola, please be assured that I and most others on here have nothing but the utmost respect for the Scottish people.

However, as an English person that is effected like all the rest of us south of Hadrian's Wall, by the absolute madcap schemes and plotting of this separatist who cares nothing about the hand that feeds her, we must have the right to say what we feel about her, just as the Scottish people and MP's are not slow in slagging off our Prime Minister and MP's in London. Good on you.

I will continue to say that I feel for the Scottish people being governed by a woman who has such tunnel vision of her own potty politics,she care little that she will drag all down with her. Yes,she can be voted out but for the Scottish people, it will be like it was for the damage inflicted on us with Blair, Brown and New Labour here, too damn late !
Very well put.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 10:34 PM

It's quite funny really you could name the folk on here who never hestitate to take a pop at the Scottish people .
I assure you, Abbey, I have many Scottish friends. My wife has family in Scotland, and we have some good friends at our Scottish country dancing society.

The Scots who I have little truck with are those who appear to hate the English (and Welsh - sorry Rhian!) and who would really like to have nothing to do with us (despite our generous contributions to their economy) and especially, of course, that tedious fish woman.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Here's an enigma.
I am, presumably, a self-important know-it-all, and I'd like to believe that I think for myself (although I don't often disagree with myself), yet I don't knowingly have a pop at myself.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 10:45 PM

Just a few basic figures:

The population of the UK is 63,200,000
The population of Scotland is 5,295,000 That is 8.4%

The UK has a national debt of £1,728,157,120,000 (ie £1.7 trillion).

With Scotland declaring UDI, that means that Scotlands proportion of the national debt would be £205,732,990,000 (ie £206 billion).

When Alex Salmon was asked about this on his first national vote for independence, he said that the remaining part of the UK could never be repaid their proportion of the national debt. He then went on to ask, 'What can they do about it? Invade us?'

Would Scotland expect the remainder of the UK to continue paying pensions, unemployment benefits, finance for the NHS, and so on?
Would Scotland completely withdraw their representation in the House of Commons?
Would we have to build a 'Trump wall'?

It would quickly become an impossible administrative nightmare.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top