Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 05:54 PM

Breakdown cover

Who would you recommend? Mine is due for renewal with RAC, and is around £128.

I've done a comparison and, just for fun, selected a mid range company, for £58.70.

I've called out RAC several times when my central locking wouldn't work (so much for technology!). They got me going but then of course I had to get to Nissan for them to sort it out.

I don't want to keep paying out such a lot of money for cover. My car is 101/2 years old and done just over 27,000 miles. So I do use it infrequently and have regular yearly services.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 06:15 PM

Re: Breakdown cover

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
My car is 101/2 years old and done just over 27,000 miles.
Wow!

Mine is included in my fully comp insurance.....RAC..with homestart etc....£140 all in .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 06:31 PM

That's one hell of a deal Pats.
I'm with Green Flag because they cover the caravan recovery if required as well, all in for around £80....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
That's one hell of a deal Pats.
I'm with Green Flag because they cover the caravan recovery if required as well, all in for around £80....
I'm with C.C Mayday same deal cos of caravan + home start £86.00 last Jan cos I only do low mileage.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2013, 08:12 PM

That's a good deal with GF, to include the caravan. Have any of you had reason to call yours out, to a breakdown? What is your experience of them?

I have used GF and AA in the past, and of course RAC. This mid range one is with Kwik Fit. Not sure what they're like on breakdowns.

Even I'm surprised at my low mileage, but it is all guaranteed, backed up by the MOT certs and service history.

However, the car has let me down at times. Failed battery, central locking, the odd flat tyre, which is why I'd like to keep having cover.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2013, 01:48 AM

I have breakdown cover which is an integral part of my house insurance with Barclays Bank and it's a home-start deal with RAC, so I'm not really sure what I pay for RAC alone, but they're very good.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top