Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 02:04 AM

X-Factor

Has anybody been watching this? I've not watched it for the last three years or so mainly because of Dermot O'Leary as I can't stand him but, because of a comment in my local shop, I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I could not believe it last week during the sing-off when Lorna was sent home, leaving Shelley to continue.

Lorna had a most powerful voice and could sing Whitney Houston songs which are difficult to do. Shelley, another strong singer, but she makes me cringe the way she wobbles and struts around as she's hardly got the body to do that and that's got nothing to do with any "ist" attached to it. She just wasn't right and I find her just a bit embarrassing to watch.

So, who do you have in mind for the winner so far?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 04:43 AM

Re: X-Factor

I've given up watching it as it all seems phoney these days.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 11:16 AM

I think the entertainment and excitement has gone from this programme. I still watch it but that's because there isn't anything else at that time.
I like the Scottish Lad and the three lads in the group.
I agree with you about the first week I was really surprised Shelley didn't get sent home and this week she was at it again with the strutting etc.
Then to see the 5 lads in the group get less votes was a real shock. I am sure Sharon had employed telephone workers to ring her two acts line so they got more votes
We wait and see what happens
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 03:49 PM

I liked the little Irish girl Melany but she got sent home from judges houses .

I thought none of them were as good this week as last week.
Shelly will I think go tonight.

I think Tamera may win...
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 03:56 PM

Its Sam Bailey for me. I thought right from the start she was in with a chance. Such a powerful voice!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2013, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Its Sam Bailey for me. I thought right from the start she was in with a chance. Such a powerful voice!
...don't think so Ezy Sam's seems a lovely lady with a great voice but I guess a lot of the voting is done by the younger generation and I doubt Sam would get their vote.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 03:06 AM

Well, thank goodness Shelley has gone, and Kingsland Road is still in it because they are good!

I still think that Sam Bailey is in with a good chance, but they're all good, and I love little Nicholas, the Scottish lad. I'm not daft enough to spend my money on phone-ins, but I do hope it will be judged fairly.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 06:56 AM

I was disgusted last night with the behaviour of Sharon Osbourne.
What a dreg she was. How could you show yourself up like that.
Decorum - she has not got one penneth.

Glad Shelley went and not the group. They were good and cant
understand why they were in the bottom two.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

21-10-2013, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I was disgusted last night with the behaviour of Sharon Osbourne.
What a dreg she was. How could you show yourself up like that.
Decorum - she has not got one penneth.

Glad Shelley went and not the group. They were good and cant understand why they were in the bottom two.
What on earth was that all about I was squirming with embarrassed for Sharon who seemed incapable of realising she was making a fool of herself.
The look of disgust on Garry's face said it all

Shelley seemed a nice lady but her style was outdated and she was the right choice to go.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 01:31 PM

Perhaps she'd had a drop too much ' lemonade' ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top