Join for free
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 03:44 PM

Re: My Mups

Hmm, I'm going to remind him about her foot bleeding when we go back next week, see if he thinks there could be a connection.

Mind you, that still can't be anything to do with the Pica.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I'm not saying all vets are rip off merchants but this is one way they make money.

That, and convincing you your animal "needs" x amount of treatments.
I agree. If you are lucky enough to build a relationship with your vet like Mups has, then that's great but every time we go to the vets, it's a different person so I am always wary about what treatment is 'needed'.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree. If you are lucky enough to build a relationship with your vet like Mups has, then that's great but every time we go to the vets, it's a different person so I am always wary about what treatment is 'needed'.

Some people say that about my vets practice too, dongles, but why can't you make your appointment with whoever you prefer to see? Won't they let you ask for someone in particular?

The only time I book one of the other vets is if John is on holiday, or it is quite urgent and he is fully booked.

He actually said to me once that it makes their lives easier too, if clients stick with the same vet, as they get to know their patients better than when people keep swapping about seeing different people.

Makes sense to me from both sides.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
He actually said to me once that it makes their lives easier too, if clients stick with the same vet, as they get to know their patients better than when people keep swapping about seeing different people.

Makes sense to me from both sides.
GP Practices - please take note!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
GP Practices - please take note!!

Yes, would be good wouldn't it Tabs.

I said jokingly to my vet once, that I was grateful for the time he takes and how he explains everything clearly - unlike my GP.

He grinned and said - "Ah, but the difference is ... you're PAYING me.

True aint it.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 05:51 PM

Yes, would be good wouldn't it Tabs.

I said jokingly to my vet once, that I was grateful for the time he takes and how he explains everything clearly - unlike my GP.

He grinned and said - "Ah, but the difference is ... you're PAYING me.

True aint it.
To be fair Mups, the majority of us pay for the NHS too!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2018, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
To be fair Mups, the majority of us pay for the NHS too!

True I suppose, but I expect he meant we don't hand over our cash to the GP direct.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2018, 09:28 PM

True I suppose, but I expect he meant we don't hand over our cash to the GP direct.
Not yet !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-06-2018, 12:13 AM

Off to the lab tomorrow with the samples for testing.
Hope I can find the place alright. I am not good at navigating.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

02-06-2018, 06:13 AM

We'll keep a 'search and rescue' team on stand-by, Mups. Wish I lived nearer I am good at navigation/map reading - used to go orienteering. Good Luck!

Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top