Join for free
Page 4 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:02 AM

Re: My Mups

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks Meg.

I've been doing some research tonight, and from how he described these test results to me, it sounds a lot like this condition to me: Myelodysplasia (or Myelodesplastic Syndrome).
I'd never heard of it before, but I having been reading that with this condition it makes the bone marrow send out immature red blood cells, exactly like he described. It's like it's a kind of Leukaemia.
I have sent him an email with the link about it, it's just a bugger he's away for a week now.
She is booked to go in on Tues 29th unless she is gets worse beforehand of course.

Anyway, she seems quite happy tonight so that is good to see. I've just bathed her sore foot again, and now we're off to bed at last.
Hi Mups human I was thinking along different lines after you mentioned .....
Her blood count was ok, so she is not anaemic - but her bone marrow is producing and 'sending out' young, immature red blood cells for some reason. He doesn't understand why yet.
That also occurs in conditions other than the one you mention . Maybe best not to speculate and to wait for test results.
I am a bit surprise Mups doesn't have other symptoms unless she is in the very early stages of something.

Bad timing Mups hurting hurting her paw just now putting additional stress on her body. I know she will get tons of hugs but give her one from me too...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 09:10 AM

We are all hoping for the best outcome for little Mups and hoping for better news when the vet returns.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 10:11 AM

Gosh Mups. What an awful worry for you.
Of all the times, your vet goes away when you need him to discuss things and alleviate your concerns.

I hope you have some reassuring news soon xx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 10:15 AM

How are both Mups today - did you both manage some sleep?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are elderly and you have five dogs, one a mere puppy.

You could have an event anytime.

What provisions have you made for your dogs to be looked after?

Yes, I could "have an event" as you put it Swim.
And a younger person could still get run over by a bus, get mugged in the street, or succumb to illness, so I don't think like you.
I can also assure you, I have far fewer health problems than you do.

The "mere puppy" as you call her is not 8 weeks old anymore, she is turned 2 now.
I have always accepted she may not have a long life because of her previous heart condition.
She too, could also "have an event."

As for your question as to "what provisions have I made for my dogs", why on earth do you want to know that?
Do you think me an irresponsible owner or something?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How are both Mups today - did you both manage some sleep?

Thank you Tabs, and Art, dongles, Meg, Nommy and everyone else who thinks kindly about my Mups. I like to think good, positive thoughts get through to her.

I am very tired today, but Mups seems bright and perky.
She has stopped poking her sore paw about now, and it is drying nicely, so that's a good sign. I'll probably stop doing the salt water 'dips' after today.

She is laying next to me at the moment, sound asleep, with her very best marrow bone tucked uner her chin.

Thanks again everyone, I'll let you know how she goes.
Luv you lots. x

EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are elderly and you have five dogs, one a mere puppy.

You could have an event anytime.

What provisions have you made for your dogs to be looked after?
That's a heartless thing to say! As if Mups hasn't got enough to worry about without you coming out with something like that. I f you can't say something positive, best you say nothing at all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by ez rider ->
that's a heartless thing to say! As if mups hasn't got enough to worry about without you coming out with something like that. I f you can't say something positive, best you say nothing at all.
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 04:07 PM

Oh she looks a real cutie. I hope the news is good.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
That's a heartless thing to say! As if Mups hasn't got enough to worry about without you coming out with something like that. I f you can't say something positive, best you say nothing at all.
My thoughts exactly and then some

Sending healing positive thoughts to the pair of Mups

Page 4 of 20 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top