Join for free
Page 15 of 28 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 10:56 PM

Re: Thank God We are Out of the EU ...

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Nicola Sturgeon just officious self-important woman. imo

Desperate for indyref2 and a golden opportunity for postal votes

Oh how frustrating.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2021, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Desperate for indyref2 and a golden opportunity for postal votes

Oh how frustrating.....
Yes indeed. Worth saying twice.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:27 AM

This morning see the EU have backed down after global criticism.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:19 PM

Have an idea as to why the EU are so ambiguous, must allow themselves wriggle room to change or modify their decisions when things go wrong.

Wriggle

To squirm, writhe, move sinuously.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:31 PM

This morning see the EU have backed down after global criticism.
The outrageous strong-arm tactics they just tried to use proves how corrupt and hypocritical the EU is. After raging that they DIDN'T want the UK to have a closed border in Ireland THEY suddenly tried to push for one to stop our legally ordered and paid for vaccines entering the UK via that route!

The EU is the scum of the earth and while I was in two minds about Brexit for a long time I now thank the gods we're out of that festering pit of protectionism, bureaucracy and hypocrisy. I really hope other countries see the light and leave the EU too. One small bonus is that Remainer trolls are very, very silent these days.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 01:44 PM

Have an idea as to why the EU are so ambiguous, must allow themselves wriggle room to change or modify their decisions when things go wrong.

Wriggle

To squirm, writhe, move sinuously.
Slither springs to mind ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
The outrageous strong-arm tactics they just tried to use proves how corrupt and hypocritical the EU is. After raging that they DIDN'T want the UK to have a closed border in Ireland THEY suddenly tried to push for one to stop our legally ordered and paid for vaccines entering the UK via that route!

The EU is the scum of the earth and while I was in two minds about Brexit for a long time I now thank the gods we're out of that festering pit of protectionism, bureaucracy and hypocrisy. I really hope other countries see the light and leave the EU too. One small bonus is that Remainer trolls are very, very silent these days.

Another bonus is that EU citizens have seen this farce develop.
That's a bonus for at least 2 reasons:
1 Von der Leyen won't last after this; she's been shown up as incompetent.
2 It's done a better job of promoting Euroscepticism within the EU than anything else Brexit-related could ever have done in such a short time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->

I agree about the underhand tactics of the EU and that these are, at last, becoming apparent all over the world.

However, why do we need to import Covid vaccines through Ireland or, indeed, from anywhere when we have the facilities in this country to produce our own?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

30-01-2021, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Slither springs to mind ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-b1795133.html

It could be that post-Brexit politics is going to be different from what went before – and very different from what many Remainers expected.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree about the underhand tactics of the EU and that these are, at last, becoming apparent all over the world.

However, why do we need to import Covid vaccines through Ireland or, indeed, from anywhere when we have the facilities in this country to produce our own?
Because pharma companies are usually multinational so some might make vaccines here but because there are lots of companies globally, many don't.

We could probably make do with home-produced vaccines but the plan was (basically) to cover all bases; remember these were ordered by the UK before a single one had been developed to a stage where effectiveness could be assured.
We certainly didn't put all our eggs in one basket, so to speak - and this has proven to be very wise.
So wise that it looks certain that we will in fact have a surplus of vaccines and even before the EU started squawking there was talk of the UK donating vaccines to poorer countries later in the year.

Add to that the fact that the VMIC is being set up purely to ensure that as a country we can effectively deliver what we need ourselves if and when we have to, as well as being adaptable for both new formulations and different manufacturing processes.
We've seen how successful the idea is with Oxford and AZ, and it looks promising for the Valneva collaboration too.

To the EU's row?

I see that Moderna (we have 17 million on order from them) have now cut deliveries to France & Italy by around 25%.
The Moderna vaccine is by an American company but it seems that manufacturing in Switzerland is at the root of this decrease in allocation.
Will the EU similarly hound this company and either Switzerland, the USA or both when the EU have ordered 210 million dose from Moderna - and this was apporoved too early in January, way before the AZ one?

Where is their hounding of PfizerBiontech who also couldn't deliver what they were asked for, to the extent that another company (Sanofi) has now offered to make these under license?

Some of the comments I've seen from various EU citizens are extremely damning of the EU's behaviour surrounding the whole vaccination plan and especially of the EU's attitudes towards the Anglo-Swedish AstraZeneca and towards the UK.
Their eyes have been well and truly opened.
As I said elsewhere, the EU have with their behaviour regarding vaccines done a far better job of promoting Euroscepticism within their own member states than anything the most devout Eurosceptics themselves could have done.

Page 15 of 28 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top