Join for free
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Easter comes early to Egypt

Stories concerning the imposition of “hadd” shar'ia law now that the Muslim Brotherhood have gained power (in spite of denying they ever intended to do so) have been circulating for some time though interestingly enough not up to now in the British Press. And keep in mind that shar'ia IS Islam.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/08/16...secular-media/

Now it seems that the embargo, if such a thing existed, has been broken with the breaking news that in Egypt crucifixion is taking place.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-website.html

Even Himmlers SchutzStaffel (the SS) didn't include anything so dreadful as crucifixion in their formal rules on how to deal with the opposition and goodness knows the SS were bad enough – I should know. I have, or rather had an uncle who was an officer in the SS and he had plenty to say on the subject not least how much bad and untrue “press” they received.

He wasn't quite so supportive towards some of the Geheime Staatspolizei (the Gestapo) but that's another matter, although once again the worst was done by individuals and collections of individuals rather than under the direction of any “Orders of the Day”.

But enough of that, the point was that while individuals or groups did awful things from time to time there was nothing to come even close to the rules under which such things as the crucifixion of those who impede or insult or even just try to leave Islam are demanded.

And they ARE demanded. Certain punishments MUST be extracted or if they are not by a person who has the opportunity to do so then he falls into the same hole as the guy whose head is on the block.

Or whose going to be nailed to a tree.

I would love to comment further but the law prevents me from doing so,

Arab Spring?

It's a strange world where Spring is immediately followed by the depths of an ice age.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2012, 10:57 PM

Re: Easter comes early to Egypt

Let's hope rhetoric never becomes reality.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2012, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Let's hope rhetoric never becomes reality.
Let's hope it is only rhetoric

It seems just about any atrocity is possible under the guise of religion.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2012, 10:52 AM

The answer abolish all religeon simples
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2012, 12:13 PM

enough of that, the point was that while individuals or groups did awful things from time to time there was nothing to come even close to the rules under which such things as the crucifixion of those who impede or insult or even just try to leave Islam are demanded.

How dare you!!! - evil little toerag and apologist of Nazi atrocities that you are!!! Friends of mine had family who died in Buchenwald and Auswich. I have also visted Poland and seen the death camps and ovens there too. Notwithstanding that Germany had signed the Geneva convention which forbad persecution of civilians, how do you justify the Warsaw Ghetto??? How do you justify the death camps across Germany, Poland and the Soviet Union??? How do justify the death and destruction of over six million people in these death camps???

Incidentally, crucifixion did take place under Nazi rule - just go a little further East into the Soviet Union and you will find many examples of it.

Might I commend you to two books written by Lord Russell of Liverpool, one concerning the atrocities that took place under Nazi rule across Europe (Scourge of the Swastika) and the other regarding their ally in the East - Japan (The Knights of Bushido)
Erinaceous
East Anglia
Erinaceous is male  Erinaceous has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2012, 01:09 PM

evil little toerag and apologist of Nazi atrocities that you are
Once you - or anyone lowers themselves to that sort of comment I simply won't bother to point out where they have failed to comprehend what was written much less enagage in any further debate.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Erinaceous ->
Once you - or anyone lowers themselves to that sort of comment I simply won't bother to point out where they have failed to comprehend what was written much less enagage in any further debate.
Notable is it not that you are unable or unwilling to defend the indefensible and have no answer to the questions I posed you in my previous contribution.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2012, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe
How dare you!!! - evil little toerag and apologist of Nazi atrocities that you are!!!
If this insult was directed at the original poster then it is not acceptable Uncle Joe. You might find a certain point of view false, odious even - but please do not resort to personal insults on this forum.

You've been here long enough to know our 'attack the ball not the player' policy, please make sure it doesn't happen again.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top