Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2016, 11:20 PM

Re: Blatant EU bias

Yes, thank you both.

I did make a note of the address earlier, but forgot about it.

Wouldn't it be fun if several million of them got posted back? Someone would have to open each one and check the contents. Then there'd be the disposal if them to consider.

Dopey Dave certainly shot himself in the foot there.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 07:54 AM

If we use the Freeport address provided and send it to conservative hq they pay the postage send it unstamped to House of Parliament we pay the postage.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:00 AM

For all the smart schemes and ideas, in the end the taxpayer pays. what a daft idea, why not just throw them in the bin?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:03 AM

Tax payer doesn't fund Tory hq surely ?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:34 AM

Up to a point, each party receives an amount toward their expenses from the taxpayer. Anyway don't you think if they got lots of unstamped mail they would refuse to accept it? I would.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:37 AM

Hi

Amazing isn't it that the Corbyn Supporters want us to get out, whilst he wants us to remain in and allow unrestricted immigration and free access to Benefits.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

12-04-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Up to a point, each party receives an amount toward their expenses from the taxpayer. Anyway don't you think if they got lots of unstamped mail they would refuse to accept it? I would.
That's up to them but we don't as far as I can find out pay their postage.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 12:58 PM

I have just received my leaflet and, when I have nothing better to do I will read it. I am not going to send it back though because, if the vote is to stay in the EU and things don't work out as the leaflet says, I intend to write to my Tory MP , quoting what the leaflet said and asking for explanations why it hasn't happened.
On the other hand, if we do leave, I can always use it to start my coal fire burning
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 01:00 PM

Well, my copy of the infamous document has arrived!

I thought that, before posting it back to them (Freepost, as suggested) I'd give it a read and found it littered with half-truths, assumptions and statements aimed to scare the intellectually-challenged into believing their assertions.

My favourite section, printed in emboldened lettering, is this, quoted verbatim:

No other country has managed to secure significant access to the Single Market, without having to:

- follow EU rules over which they have no real say

- pay into the EU

- accept EU citizens living and working in their country

Perhaps I have completely misunderstood what has been happening since that fateful day when we became part of the Economic Union. Taking each statement in turn:

- I believe that we already follow EU rules and appear to accept them without question;

- I can't believe that these people have announced that we don't have to pay into the EU coffers;

- as I understand it, EU citizens have a right to live and work in the UK just as (as stated elsewhere in the document*) we British have the right to live and work in other EU countries.

*direct quote: EU membership means you and your family have the right to live, work or study abroad in any of the other 27 other member countries.

Unless I am very much mistaken, the above extract is nothing less than an absolute lie. I'd love to see some national press or TV journalist publicly put this very same question to Dopey Dave.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

12-04-2016, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's up to them but we don't as far as I can find out pay their postage.
This information isn't sent out on behalf of the Conservative Party but on behalf of the leave campaign. Which includes Labour, Liberal SNP UKIP and anyone else who supports the leave campaign.

The funding doesn't come from Conservative funds but from the £7milllion provided by the Taxpayer c/o DC. Do you not think they will pass on any postage costs to the fund.

It isn't Conservative funding you're hurting it the taxpayer.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top