Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:03 AM

Re: The end of america

A tough police force for a tough country bakerman. Society has made the police what they are. But I'd like to think that these outbursts of trigger happiness and brutality from the police are quite rare.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
People don't want equality necessarily, they need equity. The aim to promote fairness that will only be effective when everyone starts on the same level and from the same place.
That is and will remain impossible. Surely the best is equality of opportunity with their ability being the deciding factor?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That is and will remain impossible. Surely the best is equality of opportunity with their ability being the deciding factor?
While ever people are different there will always be 'Racism' they might make laws to prevent it, but it will always be simmering under the surface. It's the elephant in the room and always will be.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:58 AM

To have equality of opportuniy, you have to have equality of
education ?
To have equality of education you need to have a single tier
education system !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
education ?
education system !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
No reason to preclude private education providing the private education has entry requirements based only on demonstrated ability and ability to pay.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A tough police force for a tough country bakerman. Society has made the police what they are. But I'd like to think that these outbursts of trigger happiness and brutality from the police are quite rare.
I suppose that depends upon how you look at it. If you could know the number of contacts the police had with the public on any given day, then I imagine that the overwhelming number of contacts would be non-violent. If, however, you look at the number of times per day that the police shoot and kill someone then it is not at all rare. The US cops shoot and kill someone on average 3 times every day. Unfortunately, there are no records of the number of times per day that the cops beat someone senseless. That number, I imagine is astronomical.

As I said before, the American cop is definitely NOT the friendly, unarmed British Bobby. I have no way of proving this but I strongly suspect that the average American cop has the same personality as did the school-yard bully. At heart, a coward but when backed up by his pals, potentially extremely dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2W7o6Sig3A
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

11-09-2020, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I suppose that depends upon how you look at it. If you could know the number of contacts the police had with the public on any given day, then I imagine that the overwhelming number of contacts would be non-violent. If, however, you look at the number of times per day that the police shoot and kill someone then it is not at all rare. The US cops shoot and kill someone on average 3 times every day. Unfortunately, there are no records of the number of times per day that the cops beat someone senseless. That number, I imagine is astronomical.
The police are not your enemy.

As I asked before, have you experienced police in other countries?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 01:03 PM

No reason to preclude private education providing the private education has entry requirements based only on demonstrated ability and ability to pay.
Your last criteria completely nullifies any fairness unles scholarships
become more available Todgy?
However this thread is about something else l believe??

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
education ?
education system !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The educational divide one reason why Trump got elected.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2020, 10:14 PM

Sometimes, exeception to the rule becomes commonplace, but, because folks are looking for the norm, they overlook it, that's how change sneaks in.

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top