Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 08:46 PM

Re: Calling all Stephen King fans!!

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I also wish they film The Dark Tower Series - I loved that as well (well, didn't enjoy the last one but the first few were very good).
Yeah, The Dark Tower did it for me too - well initially. Think I had some misgivings on the 3rd book? Well anyways the movie is in development apparently. Bit of an unfinished project I think both with regard to writing and film work.

The Dark Tower IMDb
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 09:25 PM

Watched it, can say I'm overly impressed though. How do they know it's a dome? They can't see it so they would have had to explore the whole boundary but, it didn't show that and why do they not try digging under before they decide it's impossible to get out? What are those kids saying when they have seizures? Did I miss something?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2013, 09:30 PM

Forgot to watch it and I usually like sci fi films.

Couldn't get on with King's style of writing, have to confess. Might watch it on Catch Up but sometimes a heavily hyped film or series tends to disappoint and I trail off from watching.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
I have to agree that this would be wonderful t.v. BUT also have to say that it would be well nigh impossible. The cast list would be enormous, the effects phenomenal (think of Blain and the Wastelands for instance).
Agreed - the costs would be phenomenal; shame though - it would be brilliant
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Yeah, The Dark Tower did it for me too - well initially. Think I had some misgivings on the 3rd book? Well anyways the movie is in development apparently. Bit of an unfinished project I think both with regard to writing and film work.

The Dark Tower IMDb
King took years to write the series and I was also thrown by the third book but I think he wrote that after his accident and his books didn't 'read' the same for quite a while.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Watched it, can say I'm overly impressed though. How do they know it's a dome? They can't see it so they would have had to explore the whole boundary but, it didn't show that and why do they not try digging under before they decide it's impossible to get out? What are those kids saying when they have seizures? Did I miss something?
I can't remember if, in the book, they did try dig down. They know it's a dome because, in the book, there is no wind (bit hard to do that bit in real life filming ) and birds didn't fly out anywhere and neither did it rain.

BIB: as with the pacemakers, all will become clear but the kids play a rather important role with their discoveries
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 11:29 AM

Got it recorded so will watch it at the weekend, along with the first series of downton which is on at the moment too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2013, 05:38 PM

Watched it early this morning in bed. Hmmmm....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 04:46 PM

I'd recorded it too.
Watched it this afternoon, if I hadn't read the book I wouldn't have known it was from a Stephen King book. Just a smidgy disappointed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 04:56 PM

We really enjoyed it had to be told when I could start watching again after the cow couldn't watch that bit, but it seemed good to us. Haven't read the book though so perhaps have no preconceptions about it.

They said the stars are falling in lines or something like that I think.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top