Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
dreamer
tennessee usa
dreamer is female  dreamer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 06:23 PM

Re: Calling all Stephen King fans!!

I'm an avid Stephen King fan. I agree that his writing style changed after his accident. Still want to read more, though. I'm not aware if that particular movie is coming on in the states. Lost my sci-fi channel, rates went up too high to afford. Oh well. I'll check back and read your summation.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2013, 06:58 PM

Hello dreamer, welcome to the forum

Is it not on youtube? Can you get Channel 5's On Demand in the States?
dreamer
tennessee usa
dreamer is female  dreamer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 01:54 AM

Hi Ben-Varrey. I used to get on demand on channel 1 but can't afford the Comcast package deal anymore. Tough times financially. I have what they call limited basic. Thank you for the welcome I hope to see some reviews about the movie from you all.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2013, 10:54 AM

Well dreamer, not much to report this week as they are just scene setting and character introducing so it was a bit slow but the SE are good. If you've read the book, you'll know his stories can be slow to start until he gets the detail out of the way and you won't have missed much yet.

One thing I will say is that James 'Junior' Rennie is nowhere near as ruthless and evil-looking as he should be, they do seem to have gone for the pretty-boy look (for both him and Dale 'Barbie' Barbara) which is a shame, I like a baddie to look like a baddie
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 05:52 PM

See Ben I have to disagree with you, I like it when a character 'looks' like a good guy, clean rugged handsome etc. then suddenly he/she does something jaw droppingly evil. Now THAT is good casting. For instance I have always loved Travolta, and his goodies are amazing (Michael, George in Phenomenon) but his baddies are even more so because out comes that sexy smile and it just turns evil before your eyes!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2013, 05:57 PM

Have to agree with you entirely Daisymay, the deceptively villainous are far better than looking evil so no surprise when they are evil.
Trixie
Kent
Trixie is female  Trixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 01:37 PM

Well, the book is set in a little hick town in the middle of nowhere, so it's rather unrealistic that all the cast look so glossy and wholesome, and much younger than in the book! Boss Rennie isn't sufficiently powerful and menacing, and I agree that Junior is miscast - I'd pictured him as a spotty, unhealthy-looking beanpole.

I really enjoyed the book, but have given up on the TV series.

Incidentally, has anyone read 22.11.63?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 01:56 PM

We are enjoying the TV series but never read the book so had no preconceptions about who should play the parts.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2013, 02:06 PM

Trixie I have read everything he has ever written, so yes 22.11.63. And I have to object most vehemently to your comment apropos the citizens of a small town. I, for instance live in a small village tucked away in one of the S.Wales valleys and our villagers are as clean and wholesome as any you would wish to find. Are you suggesting that small town folk should all look like hillbillies? That all small towns are Hicksville?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-09-2013, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Trixie ->
Well, the book is set in a little hick town in the middle of nowhere, so it's rather unrealistic that all the cast look so glossy and wholesome, and much younger than in the book! Boss Rennie isn't sufficiently powerful and menacing, and I agree that Junior is miscast - I'd pictured him as a spotty, unhealthy-looking beanpole.
I'm glad you see it the way I do - it hasn't followed the book at all in respect of visual appearance of characters. I was trying to describe it to dreamer (as he can't watch it).

I really enjoyed the book, but have given up on the TV series.
I really enjoyed the book as well but have to say, I only watched half of the last episode, it's too slow and uneventful.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top