Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 06:52 PM

Re: Christmas Films, bah humbug!

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Covered Patsy, double cd of music + box set of Babylon 5 (95 hours) and a few well chosen books and radio programmes mean im well entertained and ive just booked the snow so i can gaze out the window with festive spirit in hand.
Oooh Babylon 5 now that's well worth watching ! Even the films of that were good unlike some of the star treks which were a little disappointing.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:01 PM

Just discovered PBS America, some very interesting stuff if anyone likes history! I didn't know that Mormons killed lots of settlers and tried to blame it on the Indians! I think I'll abandon trying to find anything festive & learn something instead!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:12 PM

Back on topic there are a few Christmas films i return to from time to time, most can now be bought cheaply from my local supermarket Alistor Sim in Scrooge, Bad Santa with Billy Bob Thornton, still makes me laugh, Scrooged, a modern take with Bill Murray. Still for many its a family occasion im sure TV only plays a small part of the day as it did for me once.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:25 PM

There is only one film worth watching at CHristmas..

THe season of goodwill begins and ends with

'Its a Wonderful Life'
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:26 PM

I love Alistor Sim's version of Scrooge Nom, a real classic.

I'm just laughing to myself here, the wife is watching old Quiz shows on Challange, Family Fortunes with Bob Monkhouse in the chair (my Dad used to call him Shilling Monastery) and one of the questions was 'What do people give up for love' I'm ashamed to say I couldn't think of anything, I'm still smoking and taking a drink, but she never minded that.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Back on topic there are a few Christmas films i return to from time to time, most can now be bought cheaply from my local supermarket Alistor Sim in Scrooge, Bad Santa with Billy Bob Thornton, still makes me laugh, Scrooged, a modern take with Bill Murray. Still for many its a family occasion im sure TV only plays a small part of the day as it did for me once.
How - could I forget Scrooge !
Yes we have that one with the delightful Alistair Simm - fab !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
There is only one film worth watching at CHristmas..

THe season of goodwill begins and ends with

'Its a Wonderful Life'
Spot on RJ - best Christamas film ever - followed by 'Scrooge' ......
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 07:30 PM

He is the perfect 'Scrooge' !

Could never take to the Patrick Stewert version. I kept waiting for him to tell the ghosts to 'engage'!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-12-2013, 07:32 PM

He was 'perfect' - really loved him .....
He adopted George Cole ya know, you can see the similarity in traits ......
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=ben-varrey;390632]Have a slug or two of something to dull the senses Jem

I don't often swear but I have been known to utter the odd 'bad' word when yet another day of Christmas films popped up and I'd mutter 'oh shut the up with these films'

Don't get me started on cooking programmes [/QUOTE]

You and me both BV. Flippin' cooking programmes. . . .
Well if you don't like too many christmas films yet, and no cooking progs either, can I come and watch telly with you please? I'll bring a bottle.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top