Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 01:52 PM

Ripper Street is being cancelled sign petition please

Ripper Street is to be cancelled. The BBC say they 'pitted' it against Strictly Come Dancing and it lost viewers. They have also said that they have not enough money to make Ripper Street and The Khans a sitcom about a Pakistani family.

In my opinion Ripper Street is a classic, the acting is good, the plots are brilliant and historically it is usually sound, including an episode where the Elephant Man was shown.

Again in my opinion it is one of the better dramas an telly. I don't like where television is going with cooking programmes, quiz shows (which I really enjoy) but there are too many of them and sparkly silly programmes which I hate.

http://www.change.org/petitions/reve..._recruit#share
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 01:54 PM

Re: Ripper Street is being cancelled sign petition please

Sorry Joy - wont be signing - too much violence .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 02:42 PM

Same here patsy I didn't like the violence at all.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 04:41 PM

Brilliant series, already signed it
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 06:06 PM

Thought the acting was great. They put up against I'm a Celebrity Get me out of here. Which did really well with
viewers this year. Was some violence I didn't like but
historically thought it was good and as said including the Elephant Man.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 07:11 PM

Sorry to say but I never watched it! But I wish fans every success with the petition. I know what it's like to have a favourite series axed.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 08:10 PM

I already signed along with most of my Steampunk friends! I need it back on to get ideas for bustles!!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2013, 11:42 PM

Superb show signed the petition but this is typical beeb.They waste hat fulls of money on a crappy show like Eastenders.
Thank god I don't watch TV these days I download everything through torrentbit and watch it on my computer.
Saw the Elephant Man episode last night.
Has for the violence you do know its not real life don't you and there is far far worse shows out there.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote above - [IMG]Has for the violence you do know its not real life don't you and there is far far worse shows out there.[/IMG]

Yes - I do know, thanks for your concern.
Violence should not be on the TV screen, just because there are 'worse' shows dont make it right !
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 09:07 AM

Patsy no disrespect I do believe in what you say to a certain level. I also don't like to see unnecessary violence on the screens.
But Ripper Street for what I have seen of it is shown after 9pm when children should be in their beds.
It also has a lot of historical facts and is based on the actual true life of what was happening around that time. The beginning of the police force the fight to get it excepted and the corruption that if truth be known still goes on to this day, the early days of the underground the Elephant Man has some one as already mentioned. How the elite snobs treated the Irish and what they thought of them and much more. These things I find very interesting when I watch it.
Yes there are a few brutal killings but you have to understand that this series was set in times of killers like Jack the Ripper and Sweeney Todd.
Plus I think the actors/actress's are doing a great job.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top