Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 08:11 PM

Re: Ripper Street is being cancelled sign petition please

It's all choreographed, I find implied violence more disturbing but don't watch the scenes if they're disturbing. The thing is if people especially kids don't see the outcome they think it's OK to do these things. When the Kung Fu movies were popular they went around kicking each other. At least on Ripper Street you saw how much effect being punched etc. had on people's bodies. "Rocky" was just as graphic.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2013, 08:42 PM

Never watched Rocky Twiz for obvious reasons.
Interesting view you have there - we disagree though, with all the violence on TV, video games, films - I see the kids well into it and violent themselves ......
Have a good night - little star
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 02:42 PM

Really interesting discussion there ladies, glad to see it was carried out with respect for each others views.

I wanted so much to go into the theatre, I was supposed to start learning stage make up when I decided to get married instead. Somehow in those days I didn't think of doing both. Wish I had studied the make up, as I just love the watching how programmes are made.

There is a lot of violence on television, I loved 'Rome' but spent a great deal of time not looking at the screen. However, historically we have been a violent nation. Gratuitous violence is wrong but sometimes the canned applause, audience reactions and the total nonsense of some non violent shows make me cringe with agony.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 04:31 PM

Hi CC - you're right - its either violence or total nonsense (usually) doesn't say much for the standards of the media .......
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hi CC - you're right - its either violence or total nonsense (usually) doesn't say much for the standards of the media .......
I am really angry with the BBC as we pay for those programmes and the BBC should be showing stuff which may not please the masses but stuff that is not necessarily popular as they don't have share holders or advertising clients to please. Really they should be showing things which other channels won't and that includes some things I don't like such as ballet or opera. They should be showing quality programmes not some tosh that is thrown together by using either out of work actors or people on the street. They are there for us the licence payers not to make a profit but programmes that are a little more high brow than the chat shows either at breakfast or teatime.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-12-2013, 05:02 PM

Oh - how the BBC has changed - right !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2013, 05:04 PM

They still do well on the radio plays etc they make, interesting talks and debates etc.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

20-12-2013, 05:05 PM

Have to switch to radio then
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

20-12-2013, 08:24 PM

I think you might be right on there. Radio sounds good, I must admit I often put my television onto a good music radio station.

The Beeb is the only television company that doesn't need to make a profit, it doesn't need to worry about numbers so they could put some real classic, quality stuff on that the popular television type don't particularly enjoy.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top