Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 08:09 AM

Re: Soaps on the Cheap.

What would be the point of writing about street life as it really is? How riveting that would be - shopping, watching TV, reading a book, picking the kids up from school, oh, and more shopping. Long live fantasy I say. How many people would watch real life?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 08:26 AM

One of my neighbours does - her net curtains are constantly twitching!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Whatever happened to Lizzie anyway?

Good question she just disappeared ....

Originally Posted by eccles ->
What would be the point of writing about street life as it really is? How riveting that would be - shopping, watching TV, reading a book, picking the kids up from school, oh, and more shopping. Long live fantasy I say. How many people would watch real life?
Indeed but it has to have some seat in reality or it becomes like one of the American soaps with people coming back from the dead and discovering the last few seasons were a dream, or sunset beaches mystery baby plot with the turkey baster
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 07:44 PM

How many people would watch real life? Well quite few, probably, cos it can be very funny without being sensationalist. I'm all for escapism but some of the plots for the soaps seem completely bizarre and so unfunny.

Must be my age, eh?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 01:16 PM

Whatever it is with soaps it grips the women's interest, my missus loves the main one we have here called 'Fair City', she wouldn't miss it for the world, to be honest I don't see any difference to it and 'Eastenders', different locations, accents and actors that's all, and where would these soaps be without the pubs?, everything takes place in the pub over a pint or in a little house over a cup of tea, yet the actors never seem go to the toilet, have they got superbladders? On the odd occasion they meet and chat on the path outside the pub, and the worst thing about it all is it never comes to an end, not like a film, at the end of each episode two things happen and you can stake your shirt on it, they either end up crying or shouting at each other.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 01:35 PM

Thats about it !
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 05:32 PM

.....and they all have houses with expanding walls!! No matter how many people turn up they can all be accommodated. Used to laugh at Neighbours, they had visitors who then stayed, permanently.......no idea where.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
.....and they all have houses with expanding walls!! No matter how many people turn up they can all be accommodated. Used to laugh at Neighbours, they had visitors who then stayed, permanently.......no idea where.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->

You'd have to be living in the White House to accommodate them all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 05:47 PM

They just pack 'em in like we do, always seemed the most realistic bit of them really.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top