Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 05:10 PM

My thoughts on the new Doctor

Trying to get to sleep last night I lay musing to myself on the episode we all just saw. To be honest I was not that impressed. Oh to be sure it was full of old enemies making brief appearances, a quick glimpse of one old companion even, but on the whole I found that all these little things were merely a collection of confusing and jumbled paddings for what was basically merely a vehicle for one character leaving and another joining the programme.

Now as for this 'new' Doctor. When I woke this morning it came to me that this is exactly what Mr Capaldi is, a totally 'new' Doctor. Not our Doctor regenerated, but a completely different and new Time Lord all together. This is what was sent through the crack, the essence of a new and different Time Lord, which of course leaves it open for many new future regenerations, thus getting over the final regeneration problem.

What drew me to this conclusion? Well surely if he had been our original doctor, he would have recognised Clara, and surely would have known how to fly 'his' TARDIS?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 06:29 PM

Re: My thoughts on the new Doctor

Well we gave up on Dr Who about 6 or 7 episodes into Matts reign watched yesterdays offering and decided we hadn't missed much he was still dreadfully over acting. So who ever the new doctor is will be an improvement for us and we will be watching new series with the new Dr with interest.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2013, 11:41 PM

Why regenerate to look older?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
To relate to the Baby Boomers?.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
To relate to the Baby Boomers?.
Good point but that only applies on Earth and at this point in time.

I am waiting for the Doctor to regenerate into a female that will be far more interesting.

Orlando did it in the Virginia Woolf book of the same name and made some remark that it was merely a change of gender.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 08:41 AM

I have been watching Dr Who for 50 years and I thought it was the worst regeneration ever. I was shocked at the look Peter Capaldi gave when he came into the Tardis. I hope his face doesn't jar on my eyes over his reign of Dr Who otherwise my 50 years of viewing will be finished. Love David Tennant and Tom Baker and the rest pale away.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:07 AM

It must be 50 years since I saw Dr Who, is William Hartnell still in it...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Made sense to me, he is a grandfather when you think of William Hartnell's portrayal this fits very well.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 11:26 AM

The fault with Doctor Who is not Matt Smith's or Peter Capaldi's, it's the writing. I am also one of these people who gave up on Dr Who about six episodes after Matt took over. The stories were just a bad joke which has derailed the entire series. I just watched the Christmas episode and even now I have no idea what it was about. Just a vehicle to put all the old enemies on the screen to no purpose and for no reason.

I just hope they get some decent writers in otherwise I'll be quick to give up on Peter Capaldi as well.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 12:50 AM

Only just watched it and agree, it was an hour of nothing. Not sure Peter Capaldi has a nice enough face to keep me watching it! Still think the best were David Tennant and Christopher Ecclestone. They made me sit up and watch Doctor Who, which I didn't bother doing in the past. Couldn't stand any from the old series, like Tom Baker, Colin Baker, and all the rest. Any of them.

Who chose blimming Peter Capaldi? Were the rest of the acting fraternity busy?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top