Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 10:59 AM

Re: Repeating the Repeats!!!!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How many more times can they get away with putting old re-runs of Harry flippin' Potter? I am sick to death of these repeats being shown every single night recently.
I've already seen the repeats repeated dozens of times before this round as well.
I'm heartily sick of Harry Potter, too...Having to resort to watching things I recorded long ago.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 11:03 AM

Oh and 'Bourne Identity' ! followed by Bourne this that, and the other ! Gggrrrr
Like you, we stock up on favourites .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I quite like the Harry Potter films so I don't really mind them at the moment because I've not really seen the last ones.

My concerns are more for the increasing level of repeats in general, some masquerading under a different guise now with iPlayer and ITV's equivalent as if there aren't enough repeats anyway with umpteen channels featuring old programmes.

Even on dedicated channels for this old stuff we're beginning to see them repeating that too!

I'm fussy about what I watch and rarely watch more recent films because I find them tedious and dumbed-down much of the time with plots that are often so ludicrous it's a wonder they aren't classed as comedies.

Even comedy films I find very badly done now, usually resorting to a kind of slapstick and hinging on misunderstandings as plots or just plain silliness - seen one, seen 'em all.

I've complained to SKY many times about their programmes too but you never get any real responses!
We have to use SKY because we don't get anything else now and I refuse to put up an expensive digital aerial and buy all the gubbins we'd need for just a few years until we move!

Most evenings now my wife and I while give up searching through TV Guides for something interesting or entertaining and give up and read instead. stevmk2
We stopped paying for sky and got a cheapie freesat box, works brilliantly with the sat system we already had so no new wires or anything to get.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 11:33 AM

I have to admit I don't think there was that much new stuff on over the Christmas holidays. But we did watch Open all hours, Mrs Browns Boys and Trollied was a few laughs in these programmes.

But mostly we watched what we had tapped over the last couple of weeks and watched them.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 01:02 PM

I was never taken with the whole Harry Potter scene so I didn't watch them. I scanned for what was on over Christmas and so far, the telly has only been switched on for Coronation Street then switched off again. Even old favourites (Would I Lie To You, Mock The Week, stuff like that) tend to end up just being compilations of stuff we've already seen. Thank goodness for youtube and DVDs.

I'm surprised the advertisers haven't taken tv to book over what is shown as they still have to pay for their adverts to be aired and if hardly anyone is watching (so many turn to youtube now), they're wasting their money.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 01:14 PM

Just concentrating on Christmas day we found loads to watch so much we had to record it and will be watching over the weekend. Call the midwife, downton abbey we really enjoyed. Been several concerts and carol services on the BBC which have been lovely.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 02:20 PM

That seems to be the policy now, keep showing the same films over and over again until you're blue in the face watching them, maybe it's the thing with younger people today, perhaps they like to play the same film over again, when I was a teenager anytime I bought a new record I drove my parents mad playing it all the time, then maybe again we haven't the time left to waste on repeats, every hour and a half is precious, must think of that next time I'm sitting in the pub talking bullshite.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-12-2013, 02:25 PM

It's not much different though than buying the DVD and watching it several times, we certainly have favourites we can watch over and over again. Think we have almost worn Overboard with Kurt Russel and Goldie Hawn out
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 07:52 PM

I've watched Finding Nemo quite a few times...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I've watched Finding Nemo quite a few times...
Love that film and Toy Story - can be watched several times

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top