Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2014, 06:17 PM

Gordon as you've never seen him

Not sure whether this should be in the food section but here goes. Gordon Ramsay's new programme, showing in his kitchen at home (well one of them, he has two apparently) accompanied by various members of his family, preparing, cooking and sitting down to eat, easy peasy but ultimately delicious comfort food. His daughter really seemed to be thoroughly enjoying herself for instance. There was no swearing, but lots of laughs and giggles. In fact tonight we are having one of the side dishes he prepared.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2014, 06:55 PM

Re: Gordon as you've never seen him

You'd have to pay me a 'lot' of money to watch that git !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2014, 08:50 PM

I enjoyed the programme it Des the recipes were sensible family food and it was nice to see little Tilly helping
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2014, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You'd have to pay me a 'lot' of money to watch that git !
Me too!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2014, 10:21 PM

I enjoyed the program as well
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 01:00 AM

I went off him a long time ago because of his foul mouth.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 05:32 AM

We had those bubble and squeak baked pots with broccoli and sweetcorn and belly pork tonight and they were really nice, although son thinks maybe some bacon or pancetta might make them even nicer.

oh and not a swear word crossed his lips throughout the programme. He is said to be (and the papers back this up) close friends with the Beckhams, and somehow methinks this would not be so if his 'normal' setting was swearing.

He has said in the past that the hot house atmosphere of a busy restaurant kitchen is conducive to short tempers and lots of swearing. It is the sort of place where everything has to be done NOW and to be done perfectly, there can be no room for delay or mistakes, and the reputation of the Chef is frequently dependent on the work of others, so, at least in my mind, there is reason for the odd expletive.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I went off him a long time ago because of his foul mouth.
That - and, his cruelty to animals, but then he loves to shock doesn't he
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 09:44 AM

If we had a Room 101 on this site this guy would be my choice for the 1st one in it......

Foul mouthed creep
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2014, 10:40 AM

I'm afraid I could never take to the man, I use the odd swear word meself when provoked but there's no need for all that effin and blindin on a TV show.
My cook sings when she's working, never swears, except when I come in to annoy her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top