Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2014, 01:19 PM

Re: Dave Allen

Thats interesting - I always liked the american comics, laid back and observational humour .....so, it seems they still possess that ....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2014, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think Dave Alan was in a category of his own with his particular style.
He was rather an attractive man too

Very attractive

I was a big fan too ~ loved his humour and delivery.
Even my parents thought he was fab !

Was he from Tallaght ? think I read that somewhere ~ it's where my paternal grandmother came from and my Dad was born there.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2014, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Very attractive

I was a big fan too ~ loved his humour and delivery.
Even my parents thought he was fab !

Was he from Tallaght ? think I read that somewhere ~ it's where my paternal grandmother came from and my Dad was born there.
I don't know where in southern Ireland he was from Rachel I liked his soft Irish accent thought.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2014, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't know where in southern Ireland he was from Rachel I liked his soft Irish accent thought.
Meg according to Wiki, he was born in Dublin...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2014, 04:30 PM

Yes, surprised by that - his accent isn't strong Dublin ......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2014, 04:42 PM

I think it was a small village outside Dublin which may explain why he has less of an accent, that and his mother was English so he would have learned to speak from her I would imagine.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

08-01-2014, 04:58 PM

Ah of course - not Dublin city itself ...... wake up Patsy !
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2014, 03:47 PM

Tallaght is near Dublin and USED to be a small village.

There was a pub or something called Molloys

I've never actually been to Tallaght/Dublin but Mum and Dad went there when Mum was pregnant with me to visit the rellies.

Grandmother didn't have an accent but did have one of those nice soft, gentle voices.

Aha ~ googled and YES he was from Tallaght ~ born 6th July
My late father was born on 2nd July ~ different year
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2014, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Tallaght is near Dublin and USED to be a small village.

There was a pub or something called Molloys

I've never actually been to Tallaght/Dublin but Mum and Dad went there when Mum was pregnant with me to visit the rellies.

Grandmother didn't have an accent but did have one of those nice soft, gentle voices.

Aha ~ googled and YES he was from Tallaght ~ born 6th July
My late father was born on 2nd July ~ different year
Yes Rachel, Molloy's of Tallaght, well known pub in County Dublin, manys the good night I had there with my brother who lives in Tallaght, pronounced 'Talla' as I'm sure you know.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2014, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes Rachel, Molloy's of Tallaght, well known pub in County Dublin, manys the good night I had there with my brother who lives in Tallaght, pronounced 'Talla' as I'm sure you know.
Yessss ~ Talla

If your bro lives there we must be related

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top