Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 10:32 PM

Re: Hearing gone

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
The tests would have been for bacterial infections, though, and would not detect viral infections, so Pats could well be right.
Thank you orangutan that's exactly what I meant.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Thank you orangutan that's exactly what I meant.
Thanks for that - and Orangtan too.

My wife asked at the Doctor's reception and they said no infection was found although I'd been prescribed antibiotics and I'd assumed that they'd checked for ALL possible infection types.

The problem is though that the 2nd prescription was for bacterial infection the Doctor apparently told Reception, then when we checked with ANOTHER Doctor at the practise, he said don't use them!

Seeing the original Doctor tomorrow about this.

I'm not happy at all with how I have been dealt with by the Surgery. stevmk2
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->

My wife asked at the Doctor's reception and they said no infection was found although I'd been prescribed antibiotics and I'd assumed that they'd checked for ALL possible infection types.
What I said was that eustachian tube problems can result from a viral infection, a simple cold is a viral infection and can cause an ear problem.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->

The problem is though that the 2nd prescription was for bacterial infection the Doctor apparently told Reception, then when we checked with ANOTHER Doctor at the practise, he said don't use them!

Seeing the original Doctor tomorrow about this.

I'm not happy at all with how I have been dealt with by the Surgery. stevmk2
I can understand your frustration, stevmk2, but it may not be as bad as it seems to you. I picture a scenario where the GP did not have the test results but, being aware of your deafness, felt you should be given antibiotics just in case because they would not do any harm but may protect what hearing you still have. Then when no bacterial infection was shown on the tests, you were advised there was no need to take them. It could therefore be that the original GP was really doing his/her very best for you, covering all bases as it were, with a then unknown cause for your worsening hearing.

Of course I could be wrong, but just worth a thought.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 07:12 PM

I'm on the new meds now orangutang - tablets this time 'cos there's a hole in my left ear drum and still quite a lot of infection the Doctor said!

This is definitely the worst bout of infection I have ever had.

The odd thing is I'm having to turn down the volume on my left aid as everything seems so loud!?

Could just be the damaged eardrum I s'pose.

Nice day today, planning all sorts of things and hopefully gardening tomorrow!

Hope you had a good day. stevmk2
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2015, 07:27 PM

Hey, stevmk2, having to turn down the volume can surely only be a good thing?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes

10-05-2015, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Hey, stevmk2, having to turn down the volume can surely only be a good thing?
You get so used to things getting worse! stevmk2

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top