Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 07:31 PM

Re: Sleep Deprivation

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Feel for you Marj - you'd be in for a shock if you 'did' sleep - at least you are not alone, there are plenty of us here .....

This is so true Patsy, and as you say I'm not alone, strangely it does make it feel better
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
I have not had a through night in years, I average 3 to 4 hours a night and never in one go, I wake up 1 to 1 and a half hours all through the night.
My hubby is the same.
My lovely brother loves to tell me how he only had 8 hours last night
That's horrible Marj when I was still working and sleep deprived I found it affected my ability to cope with things, I was more emotional and felt the cold more than usual.
Sableline
Durham,uk
Sableline is male  Sableline has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 08:22 PM

I am asleep within ten minutes of my head hitting the pillow. However my mind seems to churn things over and I know about them as I can recall everything the next morning this I know is stress related. Some nights I wake at three then back to sleep within a few minutes then wake again at four then doze and get up at six absolutely shattered. I do occasionally tend to go out for the count for an hour in my chair a couple of times a week.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by toffee ->
reading the posts makes me feel better and not alone in this ordeal'
it is stress related iam sure 'i go for weeks without sleep 'waking god knows what hrs..at the moment i'am very stressed with the house and all'then my cat isn't well that scares me rigid ...and so it goes on ---waking all hrs is awful at 3 most nites..then when i get to the zombie mode i go into a deep sleep after a few weeks -it a pattern with me ..what i give to go right thro the nite zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It does help to feel you're not alone in sleeping badly, I often think that at any time of the night there are millions of others awake also.
Having something on your mind is a common problem, as is pain also which is magnified at night where there are less distractions.
Some great suggestions on the thread, love the sleep pillow idea and the music, lullabies, relaxation techniques and not 'trying' too hard.
I wake through the night too, the first one 20 minutes to half an hour after going to sleep. Then a free straight hours and then waking for the rest of the night on and off. I catch up by sleeping late every few days or so.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 10:22 PM

You have my sympathy Nom, nothings as bad not getting a nights sleep, I used to be like that but as I got older I have no problems nodding off, it's the getting out of the bed in the mornings thats the problem, mind you the few glasses of port help at night time but I know that's not everybody's cup of tea.

If my memory serves me right we did have a thread for insomniacs here, it faded out, I think they all nodded off eventually.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You have my sympathy Nom, nothings as bad not getting a nights sleep, I used to be like that but as I got older I have no problems nodding off, it's the getting out of the bed in the mornings thats the problem, mind you the few glasses of port help at night time but I know that's not everybody's cup of tea.

If my memory serves me right we did have a thread for insomniacs here, it faded out, I think they all nodded off eventually.
Thanks for the reminder Jem

Here is the link to the Insomniacs thread started at the birth of Over50s

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ght=Insomniacs
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's horrible Marj when I was still working and sleep deprived I found it affected my ability to cope with things, I was more emotional and felt the cold more than usual.

I'm exactly the same Meg. If there is an occasion where I don't sleep properly, I too, feel cold and could weep at the drop of a hat.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 11:37 PM

I've been down the local and decked 6 pints of cider. Will it give me a good night's sleep? Nothing to do with it. If something is on your mind that is capable of keeping you awake then it will surface quite quickly. Me? I gonna get a good night's sleep cos I don't particularly give a damn about anything.

My mind rocks!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
This is where the internet is an absolute godsend.
If I have a sleepless night, not very often thank goodness, I come downstairs and make a cuppa the cat leaps on my lap and I log on!
My daughter in Australia is often around for a while for a little natter, and there should be a thread on here for sleepless members, why not start one? Or you could go play Hangman, we need more people!!!
Couldn't agree more Ruth. I waken up in the early hours, watch something in catch up on my tablet then before I know it I'm zonked again zzzzzzzzzz.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 07:16 AM

When i was working ii had sleepless night due to my job which involved a lot of problem solving and resolving the same, its fair to say it often left me wired, and not sleeping often got results when a lightbulb apperead.

When my son was just a baby and was having trouble getting to sleep, i would put him in his pushchair, and take him onto the local Metro, he would often drop off quickly.

Thanks Mags, i doubt there are many topics the site has not discussed before.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top