Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 04:51 PM

Just when I thought that was it.........

......I keeled over in Home Bargains.

They were very understanding when I destroyed their Kitchen Towel display by falling into it - couldn't help it as I suddenly felt everything went sideways and grabbed the first thing that I saw.

Ooooops!

Dunno what the cause is, although I suspect my ear problem could have something to do with it.

We went from there to the 99p shop and over I went again so I had to go outside and hold on.

My wife was a bit embarrassed too but to me everything suddenly tipped sideways and I thought I was about to hit the deck.

We went to the Doctors and they said I'd have to wait two weeks but the lady there that we know - Moyra - said she would ask if they could fit me in and she rang at 13:30 to say I had a ten minute slot on Monday.

If I hadn't got that I'd have had to go to A&E and sit there clogging up their system and contributing to the "blockage" they are always moaning about.

As I am over 60 it makes it worse as I must be doing it deliberately, or that's the feeling I get these days.

Gotta go to see MIM tomorrow now so I hope the World doesn't mind that I do that, considering I went doolally twice today.
I can still drive safely, it's walking I'm a bit wobbly with.

If there was any doubt I'd not drive. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 05:02 PM

Re: Just when I thought that was it.........

Same here Steve - tend to veer sideways and lose balance which is to do with the ears
Watch your step I say .............tread carefully
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 05:12 PM

Hello Steve I do hope you didn't hurt yourself, falling is very scary..
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Same here Steve - tend to veer sideways and lose balance which is to do with the ears
Watch your step I say .............tread carefully
Will-do Patsy.

First time with me and it started Tuesday but I didn't think too much of it at the time.

It is a very odd sensation because you actually feel you are going over and compensate but THEN you do go over compensating for something that didn't happen - it's weird! stevmk2
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 05:35 PM

I'm glad you could get in on Monday to see the doctor, it's so maddening that you have to wait so long these day's...
Take care
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Will-do Patsy.

First time with me and it started Tuesday but I didn't think too much of it at the time.

It is a very odd sensation because you actually feel you are going over and compensate but THEN you do go over compensating for something that didn't happen - it's weird! stevmk2
I know the feeling well - everytime I go out I'm ready for that sensation, sometimes its hard to stop yourself though if its that strong and away you go - not nice .........
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 06:37 PM

I too am well aware that my balance is not what it was. I've not yet fallen over but I've often found myself reacting as though I am going to fall, my arms and legs shoot out instinctively to stay upright and I feel so self-concious about it.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
......I keeled over in Home Bargains.

Dunno what the cause is, although I suspect my ear problem could have something to do with it.

We went from there to the 99p shop and over I went again so I had to go outside and hold on.

My wife was a bit embarrassed too but to me everything suddenly tipped sideways and I thought I was about to hit the deck.

We went to the Doctors and they said I'd have to wait two weeks but the lady there that we know - Moyra - said she would ask if they could fit me in and she rang at 13:30 to say I had a ten minute slot on Monday.

Gotta go to see MIM tomorrow now so I hope the World doesn't mind that I do that, considering I went doolally twice today.
I can still drive safely, it's walking I'm a bit wobbly with.

If there was any doubt I'd not drive. stevmk2
If your doctor thinks you have a balance disorder he/she may refer you to an Otolaryngologist.

Personally, I think it would be highly unwise to drive.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 07:38 PM

When I started suffering with Meniers Disease that's the first thing the doctor did was to stop me driving and don't forget if you don't report it to your insurance company they can refuse to pay out if you should have an accident so actually you'r driving with an invalid insurance
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2015, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
When I started suffering with Meniers Disease that's the first thing the doctor did was to stop me driving and don't forget if you don't report it to your insurance company they can refuse to pay out if you should have an accident so actually you'r driving with an invalid insurance
Quite so.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top