Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 04:14 PM

NHS efficiency

Have had several doctors appointments since my return from holiday - been referred to hospital for X-rays, had two lots of blood tests and doctor has referred to hospital for an ENT appointment. At lunch-time today received a 'phone call from hospital - ENT appt is this SATURDAY lunchtime!!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 04:17 PM

Re: NHS efficiency

Edited.

misunderstood....apologies
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 04:21 PM

I had to go for a scan on my heel not long ago - at 5.40pm on a Saturday evening. I was the final patient for the day and the poor radiographer then had to go to Tescos to get the family shop!

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Have had several doctors appointments since my return from holiday - been referred to hospital for X-rays, had two lots of blood tests and doctor has referred to hospital for an ENT appointment. At lunch-time today received a 'phone call from hospital - ENT appt is this SATURDAY lunchtime!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 04:23 PM

Odd I thought he was saying how efficient it was. Seems you are reading it differently to me.

I was a bit put out my flu jab was 6.10pm I was very late home last night because I was 2 hours late starting. I'm not sure we all want out of hours appointments. I'd suggest reserving them for day workers rather than people who can get there all day.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Jesus, youd complain if it interfered with your lunch.

You never give up.

Be satisfied you don't have to pay.
Has he complained, i cant see that myself.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 05:35 PM

Ok, seems I'm mistaken.
Apologies.

I'm seeing things.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 06:06 PM

I have nothing but admiration for our NHS which we all know are struggling against ever increasing financial problems. They are still providing an excellent service to the majority of an ever increasing population.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I have nothing but admiration for our NHS which we all know are struggling against ever increasing financial problems. They are still providing an excellent service to the majority of an ever increasing population.
Not only financial, but also numerical problems what with all our 'health tourists'. It's high time we adopted the same rules as other EU countries in that respect. We can even do that without remaining under the jackboot!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
- ENT appt is this SATURDAY lunchtime!!!
As you supported the JD strike for them not having to work at weekends...am sure you will ask for a weekday appointment as you would not liked to be thought as a SCAB
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2016, 07:22 PM

I cant complain either, I was taken to local A&E Sunday a week ago feeling unwell, I had Xray, a blood test and saw different Drs re my condition , a trolley with sandwiches and tea/ coffee were brought to patients ,free, at lunch time . Also on Sunday just gone I had a pre arranged C.T scan , with free transport there and back

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top