Join for free
Page 9 of 22 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 10:22 AM

Re: Vitamin D Defficiency and Mobility Issues in Old People

Originally Posted by May ->
Jeeze!...is this still rattling on...get a nice big bowl of creamy porridge into You and You'll feel happy and content all day long...honest
Ah bit there's no Vitamin D in porridge May !!!

So it's a nice bowl of Vit D supplements for this lot I fear.

Maybe you can get porridge as a supplement pill too who knows?!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Art I wouldn't bother arguing with somebody who thinks he knows it all.... because he reads the internet.
If you asked the internet what has caused your headache you would get a list as long as your arm, but the only way you can find the true cause is by ruling out all the other possibilities.....and the internet cannot do that.
The pills the doctor gave me increased my Vit D levels from 26 (low level) to 57 ( normal) in 12 weeks so anybody, who says they don't work, is a fool in my opinion
Twink, l wasn’t arguing with Realist, at all. I was just discussing my Vitamin D deficiency with him.
I have no grievance with Realist, in fact, l welcome his input and actually, l agree with a lot that he has to say.

Have you ever googled how many members of parliament sit on the board of Pharmaceutical companies? You would be surprised.
Are we being kept down by the governments? Of course, we are! Frightened people are easier to rule. I have thought this for years!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Ah bit there's no Vitamin D in porridge May !!!

So it's a nice bowl of Vit D supplements for this lot I fear.

Maybe you can get porridge as a supplement pill too who knows?!
There is if it is fortified, which is the case with many cereal products.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, l wasn’t arguing with Realist, at all. I was just discussing my Vitamin D deficiency with him.
I have no grievance with Realist, in fact, l welcome his input and actually, l agree with a lot that he has to say.

Have you ever googled how many members of parliament sit on the board of Pharmaceutical companies? You would be surprised.
Are we being kept down by the governments? Of course, we are! Frightened people are easier to rule. I have thought this for years!
Then your post was a bit misleading because you pointed out that I had cancer but you hadn't, yet you still needed Vit D supplements. Realist was pointing out that many people with cancer were low on the vitamin D.

Not sure what you mean by " being kept down by governments". I have certainly never been frightened by health problems, because I understand them and challenge doctors if i think they are wrong.....but I would never make those challenges, based on whether doctors or politicians are making money on the medicines I am being prescribed!
Nobody is forced to take the pharmaceutical companies medicines, they have a choice whether to or not.......so long as they accept the responsibility of not getting better if they choose not to take them.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2018, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There is if it is fortified, which is the case with many cereal products.
Yes that's indeed true. Though there's not much of it even then.

Sainsburys Ready Oats contain 67IU of VitD per serving.

Recommended daily intake for VitD is 400-800 IU

But I guess every little helps

Problem with most cereals is they are massively "fortified" with sugar ! In fact if you walk down the average supermarket cereal aisle there are probably only about 2 products out of them all that are not packed with sugar. Even the ones that people associate with health are usually sugar laden and so are anything but healthy imho.

For example in a 750g box of Kellogg's All Bran there are a whopping 135g of sugar which equates to 34 teaspoonfuls !!!!!

Dorset Cereals Muesli 850g - a whopping 104g of sugar or 24 teapsoonfuls
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

29-11-2018, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Nobody is forced to take the pharmaceutical companies medicines, they have a choice whether to or not.......so long as they accept the responsibility of not getting better if they choose not to take them.
Yeah I'm not entirely sure that's true in reality. It comes down as ever to social conditioning and how things are presented. In a very literal sense, yes, I agree, people always have a choice whether or not to take up a medication.

In reality people have for years been conditioned to treat the medical industry as an "Authority" and as such people very often just blindly go with what it says very innocently assuming that they would never put people on meds for profits.

A key problem here is information. To be able to really say that "Nobody is forced to take the pharmaceutical companies medicines" there needs to exist a world where all the salient information is given to people so they can make informed decisions. Unfortunately that is most definitely not the case. It turns out to be extremely difficult to get hold of impartial and independent information and health service staff and GPs frequently don't provide or even offer salient information. Our old favourite the flu vaccine is a case in point. GPs will simply invite their patients to have the vaccine, will encourage them to do so, some have even used bully-boy tactics saying if they don't get their jabs they will be removed from the surgery list.

Most of these GPs never once mention the plethora of research about the extremely low efficacy of the vaccine.

So in those circumstances really where do people have a choice? They are not being given the information they need to make any kind of choice and thus just "do as they are told". Personally I find that a wholly immoral situation.

Originally Posted by Twink55
so long as they accept the responsibility of not getting better if they choose not to take them
And yet do the medical services take responsibility when people DO take their pills and medications but fail to get better?!!

I wonder what would happen if all the people who have had flu vaccines and yet still contracted the flu, decided to sue the manufacturers ?

Ah but I forget, they pressured the US government to pass actual laws that mean we lowly citizens can not sue vaccine manufacturers ! Imagine that!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2018, 12:56 PM

It's a beautiful sunny day today. I hope people are getting out there and making the most of it. Get those sun rays !!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 01:03 PM

I tried..but some guys from your Big Pharma and the establishment said it was being switched off and I had to buy Vitamins
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

30-11-2018, 01:41 PM

Going back to Vitamin D supplements I'd be interested to hear which specific ones people are taking and whether any of them have been recommended by your GP.

I was in my local CostCo this week and saw that they were selling pots of Kirkland Signature Vitamin D3 tablets/capsules. On reading the ingredients label I found that the first ingredient was SOYABEAN OIL.

That was somewhat worrying as SOY and Soy related products are associated with some pretty serious dangers.

I think other supplements have different ingredients so it would be interesting to see which ones people use and what is in them
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2018, 01:59 PM

You want posters to provide you with information about what drugs they are taking and whether the medication has been prescribed by their GP?

I would advise posters reading this to ignore Realist, he is dangerous, he is not qualified to give medical advice. Do not give him any information with regard to the medication you take.

Page 9 of 22 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top