Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 12:23 PM

Re: Another 'royal' junket???

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
I'm sure they work a damned sight harder than you or I do.
Since we are both of a certain age that we have reached retirement, that is a given, BUT I doubt he has ever worked hard day in, day out for years on end like I or possibly you did. He is just junketing, and might I add, at 'our' expense!!!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
No ... you are wrong !
He works full time in preparation to be our next king !
Anything else he does....he does just for the fun of it !
Surely our next king will be Charles III ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Surely our next king will be Charles III ?

Now say that with a strong Belfast accent!!!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 01:26 PM

Richards will be known as Charlies in years to come!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 02:53 PM

[QUOTE=Uncle Joe;709204]Errm - just a thought, but isn't he supposed to be working (full time???) as a helicopter rescue pilot???
It's starting to get really silly now with two future monarchs waiting in the wings Joe.

I wonder if HRH The Queen is biding her time until Will gets the second sprog out of nappies and toddling because I really can't see a King Charles with Camilla in the UK as she was raised as a Catholic.

My wife was also raised as a Catholic and she too divorced and she has made enquiries about her status not long ago but got quite hurt by the RC church's responses.

The 16th Century was a dangerous time for Catholics in this country and although our Queen is actually from German stock, I think she is still wary and in particular wary of Charles's married status, as The Queen is officially still known as Defender of the Faith, despite Cameron's insistence that the UK is now secular.

Will would be a better option being the "product" of the marriage of a Royal to a commoner; far less irksome and likely to be quite popular too, unless of course all these UK-bound immigrants are indeed Daesh infiltrators. stevmk2

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top