Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 02:33 PM

Post Pandemic Holidays

Are you researching?

Have you committed to a deposit for a hotel, flight, cruise or the like?

When do you think this will end?

Glass half full, though a bit worn down taking on too much these days, I am thinking about an autumn 2021 adventure abroad and daydreaming with Google Maps.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 04:16 PM

Re: Post Pandemic Holidays

My son has booked the 'Nanna holiday' (8 of us 3 adults 5 children and assorted dogs)) for next summer in a beautiful house overlooking Cardigan Bay in Wales.

The house is sufficiently isolated to enable social distancing and the fee refundable if there is a lockdown.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 04:26 PM

Don't go away much anyway, except over night in England. Think we have some coming up in November, all being well.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 04:37 PM

Hi

Travel will be restricted to the UK most likely, although a short hop to the Continent may be on.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My son has booked the 'Nanna holiday' (8 of us 3 adults 5 children and assorted dogs)) for next summer in a beautiful house overlooking Cardigan Bay in Wales.

The house is sufficiently isolated to enable social distancing and the fee refundable if there is a lockdown.
I see an error there. It should read "9 adults".

Sounds lovely and your son sounds like a fine one!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

13-08-2020, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Don't go away much anyway, except over night in England. Think we have some coming up in November, all being well.

Excellent! Distance doesn't matter when it comes to fun.

A few years back, we traveled with a few other families on vacation. The moms just wanted to linger by the pool. While I enjoyed that immensely, we could have saved thousands by finding a resort closer to home.

I hope it all works out!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 07:19 PM

We know a very grand farmhouse in the Cotswolds ... the owners do a bit of B&B'ing for cash, but don't advertise. We've stayed there a few times over the years, last August was the last time, they were away so left the key under the mat, we gave a couple of 20s to the farmhand for a couple of nights (got breakfast at the local pub). We are thinking of doing the same very soon. We absolutely love it there.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Excellent! Distance doesn't matter when it comes to fun.

A few years back, we traveled with a few other families on vacation. The moms just wanted to linger by the pool. While I enjoyed that immensely, we could have saved thousands by finding a resort closer to home.

I hope it all works out!
Thanks Surfermom. We do fairs which is why only one night away, we come home after. Sometimes we go for longer if there are places to see.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 09:48 PM

Transferred a cruise to the Baltic from this year to next year Surfermom. Don't really care if we can't leave the ship, the break away from home will be nice....Bit of seafarer myself...

Also, our usual fortnight in Guernsey was postponed until next year.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2020, 11:34 PM

I have never been interested in going abroad, but my friend has just had their cruise cancelled for the second time this year. Can't remember where they were going.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top