Join for free
View Poll Results: What do you want to happen by end of year?
Deal 3 14.29%
No Deal 15 71.43%
Extension of transition 3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Page 31 of 31 « First < 21 29 30 31
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 08:50 PM

Re: Deal before Year End?

Originally Posted by Bread ->
From Brendan Clark-Smith MP and member of the ERG.

🇬🇧🇪🇺 BREXIT FAQs - I’ve received a number of emails about the vote on Wednesday and wanted to make my position clear on some of the main questions asked.

Q. Will you ask to extend the transition period?
A. No

Q. Any deal that we reach is not as good as the deal we had as EU members. Will you support calls to rejoin the EU?
A. No. And no, being a member wasn’t a good deal.

Q. Will you help stop Brexit?
A. Brexit has already happened. We are now in the transition period and preparing for our future relationship.

Q. This is not what we voted for is it?
A. It’s what 17,410,742 people voted for. And then we subsequently had two General Elections and a European Election where people were pretty clear what they wanted. People certainly didn’t vote to have endless referenda until one side got the result they wanted - which they still couldn’t get.

Q. I voted for no deal.
A. People voted to Leave or Remain. No deal is also a starting point, not a destination. So long as they are good deals, trade deals are a positive thing and something we would be working on anyway if we had left with no deal. The issue with previous deals was that they did not respect our sovereignty, which is what Brexit is all about. So far we have successfully negotiated trade deals all over the world, not just with the EU.

Q. The ECJ will still control us.
A. Which page of the agreement is that on?
Q. I don’t know. Do you?
A. It’s not on any page because they won’t be controlling anything. We will also have an independent dispute resolution method.

Q. Does this sell out our fishermen?
A. No, in fact it gives us more stocks and will eventually (after 5 years) be 100% unless we reach a future agreement. We also don’t have the capacity to fish all the stocks we currently have. This gives us time to develop the industry and prepare in the meantime.

Q. Have you read the whole document?
A. Yes, although I now await legal guidance on technical issues. We appear to have a great deal, but we want to make 100% sure with all the fine details - this is what I’m sure everybody would expect their representatives to do.

Q. You’re a member of the ERG. Doesn’t that mean you want no deal?
A. No, we would like to see a sensible deal that respects our sovereignty and doesn’t cross any ‘red lines’, for example our laws, our courts, our waters our immigration system etc. That’s the whole point of Brexit and we want to make sure it is done properly without any hidden loopholes, which is why we wanted to scrutinise the document first.

Q. Do you think this is a good deal?
A. Yes, I think it is a fair deal and achieves what we set out to. It’s not perfect, but in a negotiation you are never going to get 100% of what you want. Even Nigel Farage agrees.

Q. Will you abstain on the vote?
A. No, because abstaining is a cop-out. We have been sent to Westminster to make decisions, not to sit on the fence.

Q. Will you vote against the deal to stop Brexit like the Liberal Democrats and the SNP?
A. Voting against the deal will not stop Brexit - in fact it will mean we end up with ‘no deal’. I therefore don’t understand their logic.

Q. Do you agree with Labour that this is a bad deal and they could negotiate a better one?
A. What parts of the deal don’t they like? What would they do differently? So far they have no answers to these questions.

In short, the vote on Wednesday will allow us to turn the page and move on. What we see now are very much the last desperate attempts of those who wish to ignore the result of the referendum.

It is too late, Brexit has already been achieved. A deal also effectively puts an end to attempts to rejoin the European Union. Now is the time to be positive about Brexit and to make a success of if. This is something we can all benefit from.
Excellent.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 08:56 PM

Wee Nippy opposes everything that Westminster does as a matter of course irrespective of whether it will be to Scotland's benefit or not. She has a poisoned anti-English mindset and willingly cuts off her nose to spite her face. Trouble is, she's dragging Scotland down with her.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2020, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I like Brendan Clark-Smith MP!
Ditto!!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Wee Nippy opposes everything that Westminster does as a matter of course irrespective of whether it will be to Scotland's benefit or not. She has a poisoned anti-English mindset and willingly cuts off her nose to spite her face. Trouble is, she's dragging Scotland down with her.
Too many of us sensible Scots still oppose her and the SNP despite years of their propaganda Judd.

IMHO we're starting to see the cracks deepen & soon the SNP will be not only split but ineffective as a vehicle for Scottish independence.
The Salmond vs Sturgeon troubles are only just beginning, as are troubles for Peter Murrell (who is the SNP's CEO as well as Sturgeon's spouse).

As if these things aren't enough the SNP have got that useful (for everyone except the SNP) idiot Blackford spouting off again in the Commons, this time moaning about Scotland's fishing quotas which Boris quickly pointed out would actually increase and all the while Blackford is conveniently ignoring the teensy weensy problem that the SNP want to be back in Europe and hence the extremely restrictive CFP!
There's your typical SNP logic for you.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 03:54 PM

The deal has just passed in The Commons by a huge 521 votes to 73.
Now for The Lords.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 04:07 PM

That's the best news this year. Now for the HoL debate with a vote at about 10pm followed by Mrs Windsor's seal and signature afterwards. I wonder what time she'll be going to bed tonight?

This has made me laugh

Summing up the Government's argument for the trade deal with the EU, the Cabinet Minister said the SNP should be ashamed for refusing to support the deal. The Scottish National Party had previously suggested Boris Johnson should be arrested if he failed to secure an agreement with Brussels. Mr Gove mocked in the Commons: "What the Scottish National Party are doing today is voting for no deal.

"In the past, Nicola Sturgeon said no deal would be a catastrophic idea. She said the SNP could not countenance in any way no deal.

"She said SNP MPs would do everything possible to stop no deal - except, of course, voting against it today.

"So opposed were the SNP to no deal that the MP for Edinburgh South West (Joanna Cherry) went to court to ensure that if the Prime Minister took us out of the European Union without a deal, he would go to jail. Now, the leader of the SNP is voting to take us out of the EU without a deal. He is doing something his own party said should be an imprisonable offence. So what's he going to do now? Turn himself in? Submit to a citizen's arrest at the hands of the member of Edinburgh South West?"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-deal-eu-trade
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2020, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
That's the best news this year. Now for the HoL debate with a vote at about 10pm followed by Mrs Windsor's seal and signature afterwards. I wonder what time she'll be going to bed tonight?

This has made me laugh

Summing up the Government's argument for the trade deal with the EU, the Cabinet Minister said the SNP should be ashamed for refusing to support the deal. The Scottish National Party had previously suggested Boris Johnson should be arrested if he failed to secure an agreement with Brussels. Mr Gove mocked in the Commons: "What the Scottish National Party are doing today is voting for no deal.

"In the past, Nicola Sturgeon said no deal would be a catastrophic idea. She said the SNP could not countenance in any way no deal.

"She said SNP MPs would do everything possible to stop no deal - except, of course, voting against it today.

"So opposed were the SNP to no deal that the MP for Edinburgh South West (Joanna Cherry) went to court to ensure that if the Prime Minister took us out of the European Union without a deal, he would go to jail. Now, the leader of the SNP is voting to take us out of the EU without a deal. He is doing something his own party said should be an imprisonable offence. So what's he going to do now? Turn himself in? Submit to a citizen's arrest at the hands of the member of Edinburgh South West?"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-deal-eu-trade
To be honest, I don't think anyone, apart from a few nutters, take any notice of what the SNP blather on about.

The Fish Woman is Scotland's equivalent to Diane Abbott - nothing more than a clown.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

30-12-2020, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
To be honest, I don't think anyone, apart from a few nutters, take any notice of what the SNP blather on about.

The Fish Woman is Scotland's equivalent to Diane Abbott - nothing more than a clown.
Her contradictory performance over this deal will haunt her soon enough - if she manages to even cling on to power for that long.
The Scottish Parliament voting (under Sturgeon's direction) to refuse legislative consent for the Prime Minister's Brexit agreement with the EU is pointless other that for ensuring that the whole world now sees that the SNP are hellbent on independence for no reason other than hatred.
It's nigh-on impossible to provide any other reasonable excuse for their actions.

As said many times before: the time to object was before deciding to participate in a referendum.
Nobody in their right mind chooses to participate without accepting the consequences.
Nobody.
Except the SNP of course.

Page 31 of 31 « First < 21 29 30 31

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top