Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 11:37 AM

Re: Take a Good Hard Look in the Mirror Remoaners!

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Sorry SG I agree with Aerolor that is just rabid drivel.
Did you ever question who is paying for this magazine?
How did it come to your attention?
I suppose you read that paragon of virtue "The Grauniad" R1 ??
Could YOU tell ME who backs "Spiked" magazine??
and no googling !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Many reasons for voting leave.

i would still vote leave if we had another vote.

Am I happy with the way we have left?

No
Tell us what way of leaving you would be happy with please?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 02:21 PM

Sorry SG I agree with Aerolor that is just rabid drivel.
Did you ever question who is paying for this magazine?
How did it come to your attention?
I know who is paying for this magazine - and it's quite surprising and not very pretty IMO.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
With the greatest of respect Aerolor, untrue? I beg to differ. Obviously, I could quote literally hundreds of insults aimed at Leavers over the past four and half years, but the article says it all. In fact, you stating that it is a ‘rant’ and ‘biased’ proves that even now you are still not willing to accept the Remainers disgusting behaviour towards Leavers.

From day one after the Referendum result, many Remain voters certainly followed the line of the elite establishment as they put us into two categories, Remainers, intelligent, Leavers ignorant. We had to listen to the sneering arrogance of Remainers, with their complete ignorance, presumptions and judgements of Leave voters, all from their immense privileged lives.

In fact, I would also say that Remainers were poor losers and their so-called ‘intelligence’ resorted only to insults as the arsenal they had left.

Fortunately, the real backbone of this country told them where they could shove their second vote!
There have been insults,disgusting behaviour,snobbery and animosity flowing is both directions ever since the referendum Shropshiregirl and that is a fact. I do not believe that all (or even the majority) of remain voters speak from "their immense privileged lives" or follow the lines of the elite establishment. I asked you how you know the article is true. I do believe it to be highly biased (possibly even mischief making). Time will tell if leaving the EU will prove a good thing for everyone -including the EU. I certainly am concerned for the longer term future of our country and our children and all through this I have not changed my mind.
I could go on, but at this stage it is pointless - we will all have to live with it now and as I said, time will tell.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
There have been insults,disgusting behaviour,snobbery and animosity flowing is both directions ever since the referendum Shropshiregirl and that is a fact. I do not believe that all (or even the majority) of remain voters speak from "their immense privileged lives" or follow the lines of the elite establishment. I asked you how you know the article is true. I do believe it to be highly biased (possibly even mischief making). Time will tell if leaving the EU will prove a good thing for everyone -including the EU. I certainly am concerned for the longer term future of our country and our children and all through this I have not changed my mind.
I could go on, but at this stage it is pointless - we will all have to live with it now and as I said, time will tell.
I've never seen a senior UK politician make a mouth-fart at the mention of an EU senior politician as Junckers did.
I've also never seen spittle-spewing anti-EU rants after the fashion of the EU's Tusk, Verhofstadt and Selmayer's towards the UK either.

But regardless, it's time that democracy reasserted itself after the duplicitous attempts to thwart Brexit and it is hardly surprising that - the nearer we come to being fully free of the EU - tensions should rise as the last-ditch animocity towards Brexit is all that remains for those who have decided that democracy isn't quite what they thought it would be.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I've never seen a senior UK politician make a mouth-fart at the mention of an EU senior politician as Junckers did.
I've also never seen spittle-spewing anti-EU rants after the fashion of the EU's Tusk, Verhofstadt and Selmayer's towards the UK either.

But regardless, it's time that democracy reasserted itself after the duplicitous attempts to thwart Brexit and it is hardly surprising that - the nearer we come to being fully free of the EU - tensions should rise as the last-ditch animocity towards Brexit is all that remains for those who have decided that democracy isn't quite what they thought it would be.

You just need to see how Selmayr got his job to realise that the EU is a dictatorship.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

14-12-2020, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
You just need to see how Selmayr got his job to realise that the EU is a dictatorship.
UvdL isn't exactly Snow White either.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ursu...venient-truth/

https://www.politico.eu/article/ursu...cting-scandal/

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/can...son-rescue-it/
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I suppose you read that paragon of virtue "The Grauniad" R1 ??
Could YOU tell ME who backs "Spiked" magazine??
and no googling !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Not a clue Donkeyman. Its hardly main stream news is it?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 06:53 PM

Not a clue Donkeyman. Its hardly main stream news is it?
So why YOUR question R1??
Myself l dont trust MSM one iota either!!

Donkeyman! 😁😁
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2020, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Another excellent article from Brendan O'Neill in Spiked Magazine. Every word is so true.....

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/1...-on-democracy/
I've just come across this thread.

'Remainia' - brilliant!

Sounds like a make-believe country.

It is rather like a make-believe country in which its occupants 'know' that they know best: better than anyone else in any other country, yet they cannot provide any sort of explanation to substantiate their staunch beliefs.

Similarly, I have yet to read any believable and convincing reason why we should be better-off remaining in the EU.

I may be quite wrong, but I imagine that there must be two quite distinct type of remoaner:

- The first consists of people who benefit personally from our being a member of the EU, perhaps through business connections which rely on continued membership, or perhaps due to the receipt of 'bribes' which encourage them (like the BBC) to sing the EU's praises.

- The other is a collection of people who have somehow been brainwashed into believing that we could not possibly survive without being under the continued control of the EU. They don't know why, but they are convinced that they are correct and that anyone who wants the UK to leave and become an independent country once more must be either irresponsible or quite mad.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top