Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 06:31 PM

Re: Things Hotting up in Brussels

Hi

Boris

I would rather be dead in a ditch.

That has noy happened.

Boris set the last date as an ultimatum and then backed down and let it pass.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...no-deal-latest

Boris is doing the backing down, not the EU.

It is no wonder we are getting run over by Barnier and Co when they know he backs down and does not stick to his word.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Boris

I would rather be dead in a ditch.

That has noy happened.

Boris set the last date as an ultimatum and then backed down and let it pass.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...no-deal-latest

Boris is doing the backing down, not the EU.

It is no wonder we are getting run over by Barnier and Co when they know he backs down and does not stick to his word.
No.
I provided the info. of who has provided previous deadlines.
Please do not ignore them and make yourself look more than a little daft.

Your link very clearly says "wants" - as in Boris wanted a deal by then.
There's quite a difference between that and continually demanding, as Barmier does.

"Michel Barnier Sets Wednesday Deadline For Brexit Negotiations"

That was for December 9th this year.
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...BFUzpuT4U5T6Nj

Surely you know the difference between wanting something and setting a deadline?
My son certainly does and he's not even in his teens!

You're just upset at seeing the EU flounder, aren't you?
Never mind.
It'll soon all be over.
With no deal, thanks to the EU that you laughably think are in charge.
You'll see next year when they come a-crawling, and we here remind you of your denial which you are displaying above.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 07:51 PM

" ‘UK already has 60 trade agreements!’ MEP erupts at Brussels hardballing over Brexit deal "
https://ajansev.com/2020/12/18/uk-al...r-brexit-deal/

So it starts, before the self-harm of the EU's stance has even hit member countries; their citizens; and their companies.
I especially liked the last few words: "I actually am envious of the Brits".
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Ooer! Looks as though member states are spitting feathers.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...er-david-frost
NO! Not this bit:

"UK officials have so far denied the request but reports have stated the UK would allow a five to seven-year grace period to be able to agree a deal."

Certainly not, at least not unless we issue licences limiting catches and insisting that all fish caught are brought to British ports for processing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
" ‘UK already has 60 trade agreements!’ MEP erupts at Brussels hardballing over Brexit deal "
https://ajansev.com/2020/12/18/uk-al...r-brexit-deal/

So it starts, before the self-harm of the EU's stance has even hit member countries; their citizens; and their companies.
I especially liked the last few words: "I actually am envious of the Brits".
It seems to be becoming clear that there are some individual EU countries who would rather ally themselves with us rather than remain under the control of the EU and Brussels.

I have predicted before that I feel it quite likely that we'll see some of them begin to make moves to follow us to independence.

I've also said that it would be mutually beneficial to find some member states, upon achieving independence, joining us in forming another EEC-type free trade union - completely without any political control, of course.

We shall see.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It seems to be becoming clear that there are some individual EU countries who would rather ally themselves with us rather than remain under the control of the EU and Brussels.

I have predicted before that I feel it quite likely that we'll see some of them begin to make moves to follow us to independence.

I've also said that it would be mutually beneficial to find some member states, upon achieving independence, joining us in forming another EEC-type free trade union - completely without any political control, of course.

We shall see.
If the EU won't sign up to Boris' deal then the member states will try making side deals with us. When that happens, the EU will fine them and remove their voting rights which will ultimately lead to further Euroscepticism in the block.

I really don't see any options left for the EU, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Already the USA is now looking to further trade with us by a series of mutually beneficial mini deals that can be ratified quickly. Then the EU will see its market share of its second biggest export market start to evaporate. The EU trades with itself and "itself" got smaller by a massive chunk when we left. There aren't any countries chomping at the bit to replace the void we leave behind. Passing up Boris' deal would be the ultimate act of self harm for the EU and punishment for the 27.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-12-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If the EU won't sign up to Boris' deal then the member states will try making side deals with us. When that happens, the EU will fine them and remove their voting rights which will ultimately lead to further Euroscepticism in the block.

I really don't see any options left for the EU, they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Already the USA is now looking to further trade with us by a series of mutually beneficial mini deals that can be ratified quickly. Then the EU will see its market share of its second biggest export market start to evaporate. The EU trades with itself and "itself" got smaller by a massive chunk when we left. There aren't any countries chomping at the bit to replace the void we leave behind. Passing up Boris' deal would be the ultimate act of self harm for the EU and punishment for the 27.
Actually, I read in the Express that Biden is determined NOT to make any trade deals with us.

Of course, it is the Express!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Actually, I read in the Express that Biden is determined NOT to make any trade deals with us.

Of course, it is the Express!

Biden isn't in charge yet which is why these mini deals will go through under Trump.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-12-2020, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Biden isn't in charge yet which is why these mini deals will go through under Trump.
True. And hopefully he will either be found to have benefited from left-wing cheating or, alternatively, might not make it for another month!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2020, 10:51 PM

https://www.delorscentre.eu/en/about...m-of-division/

Former European Commission President Jacquea Delors told media: 'The germ is back.' 'The climate that seems to hang over the heads of state and government and the lack of European solidarity pose a mortal danger to the European Union,' he warned. Unity must be more than a slogan for EU in crisis. The EU's credibility rests on its collective response to coronavirus pandemic.
Divisive, narrow national self-interest the problem as always.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top