Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 12:01 PM

Re: Things Hotting up in Brussels

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Actually, I read in the Express that Biden is determined NOT to make any trade deals with us.

Of course, it is the Express!
Two things if I may?

First, Biden has no real say; trade deals are down to the houses.

Second, Liz Truss has said already that she has been in talks with Democrats and it seems that they are committed to getting a deal with the UK.
https://www.cityam.com/liz-truss-joe...us-trade-deal/

Like everything else though, it's best to believe what is actual fact ........... and so far the facts are that we have a customs agreement with the USA in place now and also commitment from the outgoing Lightziger that they will try to get a mini-deal with the UK ASAP.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 12:26 PM

I see there is a report that Biden has been in touch with the EU to get the UK usurped as the leading financial centre for Europe.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 12:37 PM

Difficult to know who's telling the truth, isn't it?

Personally, I wouldn't trust Bidet, and hopefully the Democrats will be found out to have been cheating...

just like Peterborough (I think it was) over here.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2020, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
I see there is a report that Biden has been in touch with the EU to get the UK usurped as the leading financial centre for Europe.
American companies and the houses won't support any of Biden's moves to co-operate with the EU while they continue pushing for huge fines and protectionist regulations on US tech firms, or while the EU persists in imposing their protectionist tariffs.

Jusy like with Brexit, it's probably better to treat all "reports" as suspect and rely upon what really happens for facts.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top