Join for free
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 10:43 AM

A Cheer For Boris!

He's had his "knockers" who said he'd screw up.

He's fought off Remainers, Court Cases, Used & Forgotten PMs, and he still won the election on his promise to get us out.

Well, that's what he did!

As the Telegraph points out, there are not many up there, in the HOP, who could have achieved it.

Next?

Continue the clear out!

Well done Boris.

p.s. Wise words from Nige, as well!!

p.p.s. Well done Frosty!

caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 01:29 PM

Re: A Cheer For Boris!

Well he delivered, arguments will no doubt continue as to the pitfalls advantages.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 01:57 PM

I am sure you are right Caricature. When I heard the news and understood the gist of it I was so relieved. Brexit has been over all our heads for such a long time and IMO I am pleased that common sense seems to have prevailed on both sides and, hopefully, the "deal" will suit the vast majority. I know the "nitty gritty" has still to come out and I know there will be moaning over some things, but I am hopeful and believe Boris has done his best considering the enormity of the task he and the government had (and still have).
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:02 PM

Job done, well done Boris!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:09 PM

3 cheers for Boris and Lord Frost. Hip hip ...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
3 cheers for Boris and Lord Frost. Hip hip ...
..... hooray!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
He's had his "knockers" who said he'd screw up.

He's fought off Remainers, Court Cases, Used & Forgotten PMs, and he still won the election on his promise to get us out.

Well, that's what he did!

As the Telegraph points out, there are not many up there, in the HOP, who could have achieved it.

Next?

Continue the clear out!

Well done Boris.

p.s. Wise words from Nige, as well!!

p.p.s. Well done Frosty!

You seem to have covered it all Ted?
The clincher for me was Nigel's statement where he admitted we
have attained as much as was possible without leaving on WTO
terms? Which is possibly a good thing short term, as we are not
fully prepared for that yet? But the potential is there to progress to
that gradually now ??
The fishermen are not happy about the delay in taking over control
completely from EU, but let's see how they cope with the 25% of
the EU's present take of fish extra? ( not the UK's present take!!)
I'm not sure if they are able to manage that amount yet??
And ultimately they get complete control !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 03:06 PM

You surely can't believe he's telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

I can't believe you'd be so naive!

BORIS IS A LIAR!

If he came out of negotiations with the worst deal possible - would he say so? Absolutely NOT! There may be good bits in amongst the rubbish, and he'd be the first to point those out, emphasising them to such an extent they'd sound like the major points of his arduous negotiations! Wait for it though...............the whole truth may take some time to uncover, but it will gradually be found to be full of holes........

Sorry and all that, but best to be honest ........... and Boris isn't!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
You surely can't believe he's telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

I can't believe you'd be so naive!

BORIS IS A LIAR!

If he came out of negotiations with the worst deal possible - would he say so? Absolutely NOT! There may be good bits in amongst the rubbish, and he'd be the first to point those out, emphasising them to such an extent they'd sound like the major points of his arduous negotiations! Wait for it though...............the whole truth may take some time to uncover, but it will gradually be found to be full of holes........

Sorry and all that, but best to be honest ........... and Boris isn't!

Do you know any politician that is honest, Lindy?

I still agree with the others though, well done Boris.
He's had a pig of a year, probably more difficult than other PM's have had for a long time.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 03:15 PM

Yes - he's had a pig of a year of it, and there's frankly no one else to do the job! We're a bit too short of decent statesmen - there's not one I'd vote. But Boris will never, ever, do a deal which doesn't benefit him!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top